Question about MDR-EX71SL
Apr 30, 2003 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Chu

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all. I am looking for some earbuds/canal phones to go with my new laptop, and from looking around the MDR-EX71SL seems to be the best bet for my budget (~$50 or less). The thing is, I noticed that these retail for 3300 yen. That's about $27.50. The only places in the US that I see that have them though charge a good $20 markup for these . . . s there someplace I am missing that has these for a more reasonable markup, or am I pretty much suck paying $50?

-Chu

Apr 30, 2003 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Chu
Hello all. I am looking for some earbuds/canal phones to go with my new laptop, and from looking around the MDR-EX71SL seems to be the best bet for my budget (~$50 or less). The thing is, I noticed that these retail for 3300 yen. That's about $27.50. The only places in the US that I see that have them though charge a good $20 markup for these . . . s there someplace I am missing that has these for a more reasonable markup, or am I pretty much suck paying $50?

-Chu

They're always higher here. US prices for Sony goods reflect Sony USA's marketing, warranty, and distribution costs. It's a bit more than I like too, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

Apr 30, 2003 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 7
I paid about the equivilant of $65 at the weekend for my pair...

..Rip Off Britain!
mad.gif

Apr 30, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 7
where did you get yours from duncan? audiocubes? i got mine from ebay for 50 USD delivered...

Apr 30, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 7
I got mine from my local Sony Centre
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 7
cool....did they have stock or did you have to get it ordered?

May 1, 2003 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 7
Chu, I got my Sony MDR-EX71SL's from a seller "www_minidiscmall_com" on EBAY (for $48.00 shipped.)
(Do a search on his seller name on EBAY.) Check the
ForSale/Trade boards here for people willing to sell theirs.

It is crazy that these earbuds are costing around $49.95 to $54.99 (Since they are imports and part of the Sony Anniversary line, I guess that is why vendors have outrageously marked up their prices.) Anywhere you can get them for less than $45 is good, but I wouldn't pay $50+ for them. If I can get a second pair for < $35 let me know!!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

The thing is, I noticed that these retail for 3300 yen. That's about $27.50.

WOW! That is not bad for these earbuds. We need to find a far east supplier that will ship to the US. AudioCubes is selling them
for $46.00USD (plus a $10.00 S&H.)

I do recommend the MDR-EX71SL's (But I DO NOT recommend the MDR-EX70's.) The Sennheiser MX500's are great also (but my new MDR-EX71SL's have replaced them.) Then if you don't mind Clip on Earphones check out the Koss KSC-35's (they have been reviewed here as the best portable headphones.)

I can answer any questions about the EX71SL's (PM me if you want.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back