Question about MD Remotes
Nov 1, 2001 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dgs

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a sony mzr700 md recorder. I love it, but the remote is somewhat chessy (plastic), and running my phones through it degrades the sound quality a bit. Can anyone comment on the "better" sony remotes (ie. the one for the 900? Or maybe the "universal" one sony sells)? I really like the convenience of the remote for subways, buses, walking around, etc., so if the better remote really is better sounding (and will work on my unit), I'd probably get it.

Nov 1, 2001 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 7
Nov 2, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 7
I have the MZ-E900, which came with that remote. To be honest, I haven't heard any loss in sound quality when using the remote vs. hooking the phones up directly to the player. Granted, I haven't sat there trying to hear a difference
wink.gif
but if there is a difference, it's not significant enough for me to notice casually.

Nov 2, 2001 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 7
I own the Sony MDR-900 MD recorder and the Etymotic ER4P's and I can honestly say that the remote control on the Sony unit doesn't effect the sound in any way.

I also own the Japanese version of the Panasonic 570 CD player (with the backlit LCD remote) and that DOES effect the sound due to the backlighting.

I wouldn't hesitate in getting the better remote - especially if you find one cheap.

I hope this helps.

Nov 2, 2001 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks. I guess I'll take the plunge soon.

Nov 2, 2001 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 7
I've got the universal remote with my MZ-R700 and absolutely love it. It has the backlit display and everything. It is also a heck of a lot more useful.

Nov 2, 2001 at 1:21 PM Post #7 of 7
Cool. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back