Question About Lavry DA10
Sep 12, 2006 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Stangs55

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm wanting to go out from my DA10's XLR to a female RCA in order to connect to an amp. I've searched the forums and read a wide range of responses from people saying you can just buy an adapter, to some people claiming that you have to do some resoldering.

So let's just make this plan and simple for lil' ol' me. I've bought a pair of Hosa XLR(F) -> RCA(F) Adapters, can I just plug this into the XLR out on my DA10 and then run RCA from there? Or will it harm my equipment if I don't open and resolder something? If so, can someone give me a mini-tutorial on what the heck to do?

Thanks

Sep 12, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz
All your questions can be answered by the Lavry DA10 manual. You can find it online at Lavry Engineering's website.

Actually, it helped...but it didn't answer the question, which is why I've posted here. I just wanted to know something from you experts before I plugged in a wrong connection to a $1000 amp.

Sep 12, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #4 of 5
Mine works fine with standard XLR to RCA cables (mine are Cardas) The website says these work fine.

I have also read here that there is a switch (jumper?) inside the case to switch from balanced to single ended output. Some here advocate unhooking one of the wires in your Hosa cable, but I don't know enough to really talk about it. Seems there is a picture somewhere on the boards about that.

I did not alter anything, just bought the cables and hooked them up between the Lavry and the Raptor - works GREAT.

Sep 25, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm assuming that your adapter has XLR piins 1+3 connected to the RCA ground and 2 to the RCA center pin. That is what most adapters do.

The Lavry manual recommends one of two configurations - XLR 1 to ground, XLR 2 not connected and XLR 3 connected to the RCA center pin with the jumpers set in balanced mode (factory default).

The other mode is to set the Lavry internal jumpers into unbalanced mode, either pins 2 or 3 hot. If your cable is 1+3 GND and 2 hot you should set the Lavry up as unbalanced pin 2 hot. This way you will not need to modify the cable.

You unleash the best sound unless you get the connections right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back