Question about ipod
Jun 11, 2007 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

penger

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it so I'm just going to ask. When you connect your ipod to an external amplifier (i.e. RSA Hornet or something), how does that affect battery life? And does it matter if you did it through the dock or the mini jack?

Thanks.

Jun 11, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 7
It shouldn't make a major difference because powering dac, hard drive and screen eats almost all needed energy.
Out of 3.5 mm you have head out (internal amplifier is working), out of dock you have line out

Jun 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 7
It doesn't seem to have affected battery life very much. However, since you want to get the best quality possible out of your source, you'll probably start playing everything in lossless and then that WILL affect battery life.

But just running your iPod through an amp, like a Hornet/Tomahawk, will not drastically affect it.

Jun 11, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 7
ditto mrarroyo no change for me either

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 7
Ahhh interesting. I would have thought that using the line out would lengthen the battery life since you're skipping the on board amplifier and only outputting data. Thanks for the responses guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back