Question about in ear headphones for around 50-60$
Jan 14, 2011 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pixi018

New Head-Fier
     Hello guys, I'm new in this forum, but I have been reading it for a while. Very good, nice explanations, perfect reviews, excellent job, thank you very much. I'm about to buy new in ear headphones and my budget is around 60 $. Previously I had Sony MDR-EX71, bought them 5 years ago for around 50$, and I was pretty satisfied with them, although I know they're not top quality. I was considering buying Sony again MDR-EX300LP, or Pioneer SECLX50, Bose ie2 or even SHURE Se115, but I can see a lot of you here puts other brands in front of them.

I know it is very hard to choose between headphones that you were never hearing them. But I will have to believe you guys :)
First of all I listen Rock, Blues. I like clear sound with good, deep, strong, clear but not overflowing bass. Reading your post here, I bought Monster Turbine on ebay. New for 55$ (don't know if that is possible) but they didn't had bass at all. I assumed they were fake so I returned them.

I thought buying Head-direct re0 cause everybody here are telling just the good things about them (although they are a little bit out of my budget) but I'm concerned about their bass. I've read several posts here telling that re0 doesn't have deep and strong bass. I don't know

My second choice is Brainwavz m2, completely in the price range. Everybody here again says just good abut them.

What do you think? For my type of sound, what is the best choice? Sony, Pioneer, Bose, Shure (I almost quit of buying them), or re0 or m2?? Or maybe you have some other recommendation? Would like to hear your opinion. A lot of brands, a lot of models, so I have to be honest, I'm a little bit confused. :)

p.s. Sorry about the long post.

Thank you very much and take care.

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 10
     Thanks, I live in USA, so the only way to buy the headphones is online. There is a deal on mp4nation m2 + some amp free for 60 $ (but I'm not sure do I really need an amp, will that increase the quality of the sound?) or I can buy just headphones on ebay for 65$. I'm trying to stay away of mp4nation cause of their shipping time. Again I told you I was confused. :)
     Any other recommendations?

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 10
if you're looking for bass, i'm almost positive the RE0's will be too light for you, though amping improves it a tiny bit. M2's are probably your best bet, they're bassy but they manage to remain clear at the same time

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
OK, what about m2 compared with sony, pioneer, bose or shure? Do you still thing they are better choice?

uhhh...those manufacturers make a awful lot of headphones...

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
I know, I thought about specific models Sony MDR-EX300LP, or Pioneer SECLX50, Bose ie2 or even SHURE Se115

sorry, I never heard of any of those phones, but, for what you need (bang to buck ratio) stay away from the bose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back