Question about GSP Solo Amp
May 1, 2002 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FlurkingShnit

100+ Head-Fier
I posted this question in the slee solo thread already, but I wanted to make a new thread just in case no one read it there. A moderator can delete this thread as soon as I get an answer.....

On the ordering page at the site the 115V model is the one I should order for use in the US right? Am I correct in assuming the 230V model is for use in the UK?

Also, how much longer until the Solo becomes a dealer item? It mentions that on the site when this happens the price goes up.

Any help on this would be appreciated......

May 1, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by FlurkingShnit
I posted this question in the slee solo thread already, but I wanted to make a new thread just in case no one read it there. A moderator can delete this thread as soon as I get an answer.....

On the ordering page at the site the 115V model is the one I should order for use in the US right? Am I correct in assuming the 230V model is for use in the UK?

Also, how much longer until the Solo becomes a dealer item? It mentions that on the site when this happens the price goes up.

Any help on this would be appreciated......

Yes, the 115V is the correct version for US/CAN. I would guess that as soon as the dealer agreements are worked out the price will rise from roughly $330USD to $530USD. The outboard power supply that they include sells for nearly $150USD by itself, so the $330USD they are charging for the whole package now is a great deal. It is noticeably a step up from the Grado RA-1 in terms of sound and quality parts.

May 1, 2002 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks.

Does anyone here have any recent experience with these amps?

Maybe a comparison against one of the more mainstream ones?

I saw in the other thread about this some initial impressions, but didn't see any other thoughts on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back