Question about genres and different types of cans
Jun 30, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 14
I have some pretty diverse taste in music and I think my Denon AH-D 7000's and HD598's do well to cover most of the bases. It's tough to find songs that don't sound good on one of those two. If you're looking for just one to cover everything...a neutral sounding can like an HD600 might not be a bad choice. Won't shine on anything in particular but it should be decently good at everything.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:
how many different cans do i need to get the most out of my eclectic tastes in music? i listen to all genres. thanks for the info.

You need something neutral-ish with good performance.  However, out of what will you playing these cans?  Will you amp?  What is the format of your music?  Do you care if they leak sound?  Do you need them to isolate you from outside sound--if so what type and how much?  What is your budget?

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 14
I listen to all genres as well and I use to have different headphones, but it was taking away from my music listening enjoyment. I just want to put on a pair of cans and listen and not have to switch phones every few tracks. For me, the HD580 covers everything well and somethings great. I'm a one can man!

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
I listen to all genres as well and I use to have different headphones, but it was taking away from my music listening enjoyment. I just want to put on a pair of cans and listen and not have to switch phones every few tracks. For me, the HD580 covers everything well and somethings great. I'm a one can man!

I've tried becoming a one can man, but I'm never satisfied. :frowning2:

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #13 of 14
Either was I, but I was less satisfied switching phones. I don't know anybody with good speakers who have 3 or 4 pair for different genres....
Quote:
I've tried becoming a one can man, but I'm never satisfied. :frowning2:

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
Either was I, but I was less satisfied switching phones. I don't know anybody with good speakers who have 3 or 4 pair for different genres....

You might be surprised in this era of home theater.  Nevertheless the cost and space required for speakers is much different than for 3 to 4 sets of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back