Question about Foobar (couldn't find the right place to post)
Jul 25, 2007 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

big-fi

500+ Head-Fier
I can't seem to find out a way to put a decent skin on these Foobars so that I can see comfortable using them.

I want something like the Media Library like Winamp.

where, and how do I put it on?!

thanks.

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 10
I managed to find a plugin which gives me tabs for playlists and column view. I then tweaked the colour scheme to be black background with white text and green text for the track which is playing (along with blue bar for selected track), and it looks much like WMP. I happen to like that look.

Can't remember the plugin, but it's something like ColumnsUI. A google on foobar plugins should find you a couple of sites with plugins, and it'll be in there somewhere, possibly under a user interface category.

Good luck.

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 10
I've never understood why people use Foobar. Winamp Classic + Dynamic library + MAD 24bit decoder + ASIO output = awesome, perfect in every way. It's been over 2 years since I last tried Foobar and they still haven't put in a useful volume bar.

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never understood why people use Foobar. Winamp Classic + Dynamic library + MAD 24bit decoder + ASIO output = awesome, perfect in every way. It's been over 2 years since I last tried Foobar and they still haven't put in a useful volume bar.

columnui has a volume bar. I like foobar because it's really sleek and simple.

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 10
Yeah. Oh, and you might add Electri-Q EQ to that list too, which is a high quality EQ plugin for Winamp.

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #8 of 10
You need the FOFR config. Foobar has come a long way, there is now a user interface plugin called PanelsUI, which feature so far the easiest configuration. All you have to do is download a guys config file, and follow his guide.

http://www.fooblog2000.com/2007-06/fofr-version-09
http://www.fooblog2000.com/fofr-configuration-guide

For me, there are several things that make foobar far better than winamp, but greatest of all is foobar's ability to do really satisfying album based playback/browsing. But you can really browse any way you want. Ofcourse the modability and low level tools are impossible to live without once you get used to them.

If you decide to try fofr, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

albumlistdt3.jpg

albumrc6.jpg

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #9 of 10
That's a very nice looking UI. I'm a bit more utilitarian though. This is my setup. It doesn't look like much, but damn is it efficient and functional. By the way, everything in the library is what's actually on the hard disk at that point in time. There's a never a need to add or remove things from it manually, it automatically updates when anything changes. This is using ASIO output, with 24bit MP3 decoding, through a mastering quality EQ, interpolated to 96Khz. Also, it all loads in less than 2 seconds. Not that I ever shut it down
tongue.gif

winampDL.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back