Question about ear impressions for customs
Aug 12, 2007 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eternality.pl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I got my impressions made about a week ago and then sent them to Livewires ( I live overseas - Poland, EU)

I'm starting to worry about isolation in my set of livewires... Everybody says "open jaw impressions" while my audiologist told me a week ago (while taking imp.) that it doesn't really matter...

I'm starting to get worried - I managed to open my mouth a bit while taking impressions but definitely didn't do the Aaaargh! thing :/

So here comes my question - how do You think guys, if i Managed to open jaw let's say when the goo was already in (for about 1,5-2,5cm wide) will it turn out all right ?? Should I wait till i get them and see for myself or should I not wait , just do another set of impressions and sent them to the manufacturer as fasat as possible ??

Certainly I wouldn't like to send them back for remoulding when they are done, especially since I'm in the EU :/

Whu did I listen to this audiologist lady... She must have thought that my IEMs will be made in silicone but they are acrylic ones...

Aug 12, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 2
My customearprotection was made with closed jaw, but i really think that is the wrong way to do them, the right way must be with your jaw in resting position..
because that is the way one normally has their jaw..

I have tried mounting some IEMs in my custompieces and the seal breaks much to easy if I do not keep my teeth toogether, which in the long run gives me cramps in my jaw..

I am going to have a new set made for my IEMs and this time I will not listen to the people who makes them, but use my commom sense and have some kind of stick in my mouth, that make it possible to me to keep my jaw at the same position for the impressions (15 minutes or so)..

mine is silikone so maybe it different with acrylics I really do not know..

I hope for the best results for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back