Question about DolbyHeadphone and ebay...
May 18, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 6
not sure what happend there but....

1> How much difference does dolby headphone make?
2> I know windvd 4 has DH but what other dvd software has it?
3> There are many versions of windvd and powerdvd on ebay that has only cd with no box(which is ok). They're price is about 1/10 of the retail price so are they legit or is it some kind copy with lesser features?

May 18, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Most video cards & dvd players (as in buying components for PC's) come with WinDVD or PowerDVD. It shouldn't be hard to find someone to sell you an extra copy of theirs. Not sure if this breaks the EULA, but you may want to check before you buy (so as not to support software piracy).

May 19, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, I looked into those cheaper versions of WinDVD on sale on ebay and other websites and found out that they are the OEM versions (included with DVD drives and new computers) of the software that do not include any of the extra video or audio features (like Dolby Headphone). Not sure if it's worth the $40-$50 to get one of the full feature versions just for the Dolby Headphone feature since I've never tried it out. Maybe someone with some experience with it can chime in.

I'm pretty happy with the "SRS TruSurround TXT" option included with my M-Audio Sonica's software. It has a "5.1 Cinema" option with adjustable "Dialog Enhancement" that after tweaking sounds just beautiful when I watch DVDs on my laptop. On a side note, none of these options makes music sound good so I inable those options when listening to tunes. So, if all else fails and you could use an external soundcard, I recommend the Sonica (no longer manufactured, but got mine for ~$45 shipped on ebay).

Well, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back