Question about Dolby NR Headphone System
Apr 11, 2003 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SYSTEM ALCHEMiST

New Head-Fier
Ok im bored with the soundstage of most pop music after i listened to a dummy-head recording. For the dummy-head recording i've listened to,the soundstage is unbelieveably wide,but when i come back to the ordinary recordings, i was very very upset... now i cant take it anymore,so im wondering that will the "Dolby NR Headphone System" do any help to me? is this system able to convert any ordinary recordings to dummy-head recordings? If so,i'll definitely get one of those portable players carrying this system.

Apr 12, 2003 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 4
It's called "Dolby Headphone"... NR (noise reduction) is a technology for reducing hiss from cassettes.

I think Dolby Headphone as a technology includes support for recreating 5.1-channel sound. However, MD portables that have this technology only uses it to make it seem as if the sound's coming from the front (and not the sides).

My experience with Dolby Headphone on a Sharp player is that it really depends on what you're playing. I can't quite pin down the factors, but it gives relatively good soundstage on some music, and crappy soundstage on others.

Apr 12, 2003 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for all the replies,guys

so im still wondering is there a non-expensive way to expand soundstage? i mean a very realistic soundstage,just like the dummy-head recordings, take you right to the place where the recording was made, is this possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back