Question about digital cables (optical-to-coaxial) - Connecting the CLAS -dB to Optical Input on RWAK120-B
Oct 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

refault

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I recently acquired the RWAK120-B, and although I really enjoy its sound, unfortunately the USB DAC section doesn't seem to want to work with most of my laptops/computers. As I mostly use my CLAS -dB as a USB DAC, I noticed that it has a coaxial digital output, while the RWAK120-B has an optical digital input I believe. I was wondering what kind of cables I would need to be able to transfer over the digital USB signal from the CLAS -dB over to the RWAK120-B to make use of the dual Wolfson WM8741 DACs in the RWAK120-B for my computer audio.

Thanks.

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 4
Sorry to break it to you but it's an optical digital output not an input.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 4
  Sorry to break it to you but it's an optical digital output not an input.

On the AK120, or on the Cypher Labs -dB?

What I wish to do is connect USB to CLAS -dB, then use the digital (coaxial) output to connect to the optical digital input on the AK120.

I thought the AK120 has an optical digital input? Isn't that what the secondary 3.5mm jack is for?

Thanks.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 4
  On the AK120, or on the Cypher Labs -dB?

What I wish to do is connect USB to CLAS -dB, then use the digital (coaxial) output to connect to the optical digital input on the AK120.

I thought the AK120 has an optical digital input? Isn't that what the secondary 3.5mm jack is for?

Thanks.

Sorry - I was wrong. I misread Red Wine's description on the website and according to this review (http://www.theaudiophileman.com/#!about4/c64c) the second jack is left untouched. If that's the case, you need to convert the SPDIF output of the CLAS dB to an optical signal. There's a number of converters on the market, but I have no experience with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back