Question About Custom Molds
Dec 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

neosoul

Formerly known as marvelousmarvyd
For those of you out there who have had customs done and have had them for a while, say a couple of years or so and they no longer give a good seal. Do you keep them and have new impressions redone or move on to a new pair. I'm curious because I hear that the material shrinks over time correct? Can the company remold/redo an existing custom iem? My interest has been piqued by what Fisher and Unique Melody can do to ones high end iem's. Just want to know if I can keep getting a pair remolded/redone when the fit becomes an issue over time. If this has been covered or seems like a stupid question please forgive my ignoance.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 2
I dont qualify for having them a long time but I dont believe the material shrinks at all. The impression you get to make them with will shrink so if you get a new molds several months down the line you will need new impressions.

That being said if you lose alot of weight or Im guessing gain alot the fit will change. There seems to be debate about wether your ears change over time on their own before or after adulthood.

Yes, you can just get them redone in a couple years anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back