question about corda aria dac -> usb
Oct 30, 2006 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

laxx

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm purchasing a Corda Aria and have one main question about the usb DAC. When I have it connected to my computer via USB, will all sounds coming from my computer go through the Aria? Or will only music pass through.

If it's connected through the usb, will I need a mini -> RCA for things such as games or just normal AIM sounds?

Thanks for the help.

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 5
When you plug the Aria in with USB, it basically becomes your sound card. So it will play windows sounds and AIM sounds. I have my windows and AIM sounds turned off so they dont get in the way when Im listening to music.

dont forget to go into the 'sound and audio devices' menu from the control panel and turn the device volume all the way up.

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks for the quick response.

that's good to know, but too bad i bought some neutrik pro-fi rca plugs and a neutrik mini plug to make a mini->RCA interconnect already, lol. oh well, at least i can make it and see what the sq difference is between connecting to the aria via usb and analog.

this is some good news as i was thinking about replacing my old old audigy 2 LS soundcard (i know i know, it's a pretty crappy source). but since the aria plays as my soundcard, i won't have to?

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 5
If you have a sound card in the PC you can set that as your default sound device. (Control panel, sounds and audio devices, audio tab) Then all your sounds will go through the sound card and not the aria. Whatever you want to output to the aria you can set in the program (winamp, foobar, etc.) That's how I do it at least. Everything but foobar outputs to my x-fi. Foobar sends the music to my aria.

Oct 30, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 5
thanks for the response.

i'll probably play around with either sendign all sound through aria or just my music, or maybe even both.

i think i'm most likely going to do
usb -> Aria for music through (foobar asio)
soundcard -> mini-RCA -> Aria for everything else (winamp asio)

this way i can have music only when i want it, and a mix of everythign when i want that. eitehr way, the sound should be better than my 595's straight into my soundcard now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back