Question about cables
Apr 25, 2003 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rizumu

Thinks I like him.
I've got an SCD-CE775 player and haven't been able to connect it to my META42 amp since I don't have any cables besides my mini-mini (the amp has an 1/8" input). I'm wondering whether it would be better to get a high-quality RCA-RCA cable for it and an RCA-mini adapter, or just a high-quality RCA-mini cable. Would the adapter degrade the sound much? I'm thinking of going that route so if I upgrade my amp to one that has RCA inputs I won't need to buy another cable. What's the best way to work it, in your humble opinions oh great masters of cables and holders of sacred audio knowledge?
smily_headphones1.gif

(this probably doesn't deserve it's own thread but it's late, I'm bored, and putting off studying for a test
tongue.gif
)

Apr 25, 2003 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

in your humble opinions oh great masters of cables and holders of sacred audio knowledge?

They're all still asleep so you're stuck with me.

In my humble opinion, the less you have in the signal path the better. However, whatever negative affect that a quality RCA-Mini adapter might have would hardly have a night/day noticeability. If you plan on modifying your amp at a later time, I would suggest going with a good RCA-RCA cable and a solid adapter.

Here is one from Radio Shack that costs $5.99

274-883.jpg

Found here.

Apr 26, 2003 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, JMT, you'll do fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know about modifying my amp, but I do definitely plan on getting a dedicated home amp sometime in the future. Until then I'll go with an RCA-RCA and that adapter...as soon as I can head down to Radioshack and get one. Don't want to pay like $5 shipping for an adapter after all
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back