question about av-710
Jul 7, 2005 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Golgothan

New Head-Fier
AHH you guys are killin me here, every time i read i want to buy more
280smile.gif
im definately a newbie and have asked a few quesitons on the other board. i was planning to use my zen micro to listen to music in my dorm... but now am thinking differently. i realized i have a brand new computer sitting here just asking to be used as a source. especialy because i have my whole library here. i am getting sony mdr-v6 to listen with, and i would like to pick up a cmoy from ebay. so now theres a hole where a sound card should go in this chain. i rarely play vid games lately, mostly just listen to music. (tom waits rocks) and i heard about the chaintech av-710 from newegg, now that difinately has lineouts to use for an amp correct? if this sounds like the stupidest question youve ever heard it probably is, as i am a newbie.
tongue.gif

Aaron

Jul 7, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golgothan
i was planning to use my zen micro to listen to music in my dorm... but now am thinking differently. i realized i have a brand new computer sitting here just asking to be used as a source. especialy because i have my whole library here. i am getting sony mdr-v6 to listen with, and i would like to pick up a cmoy from ebay. so now theres a hole where a sound card should go in this chain. i rarely play vid games lately, mostly just listen to music. (tom waits rocks) and i heard about the chaintech av-710 from newegg, now that difinately has lineouts to use for an amp correct?

Yup. You'll want to use the alternative output (ch 7/8), but I guess you've already figured that out. AV-710 + cmoy + MDR-V6 sounds like (pun not intended) a fairly good setup.

Jul 7, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 7
the av710 has a line out for an amp, but you can still connect the headphone directly to the line out, it just wont be well amped. it also have another high sampling line out, and a optical out aswell.

Quote:

oh and does anyone have any other ideas for an amp around say $50?

for $50, well cmoy. thats about it really. and i wouldnt pay more than that for a standard cmoy. if you sell out a bit more money you can get a mint, which is a very worthy upgrade for the price, ~80. do not forget you need to use 9volts batteries for cmoy. those are expensive batteries. rechargables save on the long run. some cmoy have dc connection to be use with adaptors though.

if you can get your hand on used go-vibe amp here at headfi, that one is excellent for the price as well. dont forget you need an interconnect as well.

Jul 7, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #6 of 7
i read the guides for the chaintech, but am confused... how do i use my onboard audio for things like games and my chaintech for music? is there a way to specify which is a default or whatnot?

Jul 7, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #7 of 7
Leave your onboard as windows default, Install the AV710 and specify it as the output device in Foobar2k
smily_headphones1.gif
(Make sure it's enabled in Device Manager too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back