Question about Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 Sound Card S/PDIF combo output connector
Jun 23, 2008 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Uncledan

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, maybe it is a stupid question for most of users, I am very new to digital stuff and I could not find a clear answer for my problem.

I have a Prelude 7.1 sound card and I would like to connect it to my receiver with my 5.1 system. I know that the sound card come with a S/PDIF combo output connector, so if I buy a coaxial digital audio cable, what kind of connector should I use for my digital cable? RCA or BNC?

Also, once I connected my soundcard to receiver, can I still able to connect the 3.5mm channel line output to my headphone amp?

Thanks!!!

Jun 23, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 5

Mr.Sneis

Headphoneus Supremus
For the Prelude you use RCA to RCA for digital out.

You can still use your 3.55mm analog out at the same time; you will have to switch between the two via windows or if in foobar you can set output to analog and windows default to digital.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 5

Uncledan

Headphoneus Supremus
Thx, Mr.Sneis. I am able to connect my receiver to soundcard S/PDIF now. However, it only works when I listen to foobar. When I try to watch youtube video, the S/PDIF does not work anymore, and I have to use any 3.5mm output instead. Can you explain to me why? and how can I solve this problem? I only want to connect my receiver to my soundcard thru S/PDIF from now on...

THX

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 5

ZarakiSan

100+ Head-Fier
I know the problem, I think. You need to set your default sound output in Windows, not just in Foobar. At least, in Vista I know for sure. Right-click the sound icon, select Playback Devices and set the SPDIF output as the default playback device. Restart your browser et voila.

Users who are viewing this thread