Question about Apple refurbished iPOD nanos.
Oct 19, 2006 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

volks4ever

Head-Fier
Has anyone purchased a refurbished iPOD nano from Apple? If so, do you happen to know exactly what Apple does during the refurbish process? Do they buff out any surface scratches and replace the battery?

Any information would be great.

Thanks.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 6
I just got a 2g nano. I can't say for sure about the battery, but the case and screen look new.

Unfortunately, I had a problem with the nano. The screen would not come on except for a light. It took two calls to Apple's support, but they sent me a fedex return label and shipped another nano out as soon as they saw I had shipped. They also gave me a $24 leather nano case from their store for the inconvenience. The second nano arrived in less than a week and has no problems. I just got it yesterday, so no time for extensive testing yet.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Thank you very much for the info. I hope you have better luck with the second Nano.

The prices are tempting enough to take a shot, and it sounds like they have good customer sevice. In addition, it looks like you get a 1 year Apple warranty with a refurbished Nano. I think I may be talking myself into buying one here soon...
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 6
I bought a 4gig black nano refurbed about 2 months ago for a friend. It looked and worked as new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back