Question About Album Art
Mar 4, 2007 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fenster

100+ Head-Fier
It's my understanding that most DAPs use embedded ID3 info for displaying album art. Does anybody know if there are any DAPs that can utilize seperate jpeg images for album art viewing? For instance, loading a folder onto the DAP containing the mp3 files and a saved image of the album art and having the image display while the track is playing.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's my understanding that most DAPs use embedded ID3 info for displaying album art. Does anybody know if there are any DAPs that can utilize seperate jpeg images for album art viewing? For instance, loading a folder onto the DAP containing the mp3 files and a saved image of the album art and having the image display while the track is playing.

Yes the Cowon D2 does exactly that...and it also can display it using the ID3 tag.

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 5
As above Rockbox will do album art the way you ask about. Though you have to have the album art patch compiled into your version of Rockbox and all your album art needs to be a .bmp file and named cover.bmp. I used photoshop to resize all my album art (folder.jpg) to 100x100 pixels and then save as cover.bmp. So I have both folder.jpg and cover.bmp in every album folder (I use the following directory structure: \music\artist\album\song.flac).
It was a bit of work, but well worth it.
etysmile.gif
You can have a look at my updated postiing below to see my iMod with Rockbox using album art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back