Question about a Y adapter
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

murderstyle75

New Head-Fier
So my 3 year old did something with my mic and adapter that I run to my Mixamp and can't find it for the life of me. I ordered a Zalman mic/adapter combo from Amazon only to find out the damn adapter is only a headphone splitter and has nothing to do with the mic. Why they sold it like that, I have no idea.

So my question now is, are the cheap adapters even worth buying or should I just roll with this one from Sennheiser?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IM36VU0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1406158687&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

Now I know that $15 isn't much and I'm pretty much just picking nits to save a few bucks but if a $5 adapter is as good as the $15 adapter, why waste the extra money.

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 3
I doubt you'd be able to hear the difference in quality between a $5 acm one and the Sennheiser one.  If your equipment is prey to your three year old then an extra $10 might be worth it as far as build quality goes.

Aug 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Yea, I did go with the Sennheiser one. The wires are pretty thin since it's marketed towards mobile phones but luckily I couldn't hear a difference between usjng this adapter and plugging my 598's straight into the Mixamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back