question abour denon d7100
Jan 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

soundsnice

New Head-Fier
Hello,

After reading some reviews on de the denon ah D-7100 about having good detail etc etc I decided to buy one. The sound is OK, I expected more from it, like many I think. Unfortunately I cant return it because of a hygiene policy. Still I would like to buy an amp for it since Im stuck with it for now. Can anyone recommend a good amp and replacement cable for this headpone ?

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 7
Cause it will probably be a while before I will purchase a new headphone. The cable will probably be usefull for future headphones too (if I manage to find a good quality one, same for the amp). :) (have no amp yet, wonder if quality improves with a decent amp).

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 7
The D7100 stock cable is fine, you don't need to upgrade the cable.
About the amp, can easy drive by any good ss amp, but IMO, Yulong D100 DAC/amp is the best, the sound is simply amazing with denon, but if you can wait i think a new version D200 will be release soon in the same price.

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 7
  Thanks for the suggestion.. Im looking into this one :) Dont see any info on D200 on their website... Would you think I would have more benefit of a DAC or an amp ?

Here some info. about D200

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702408/yulong-d200-32bit-384khz-dsd-dac

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the info on the device. Im also reading about colorfly C4 ... as im inexperienced with all this, would this be something anyone would recommend ? Or would the Yulong be a better option ? Seems like they are about the same price.

EDIT: What I meant is to use the C4 as  an external DAC/AMP ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back