Quest for the best CD sound...
Jan 20, 2007 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gonglee

New Head-Fier
I found the link to the place I've been searching for - it's pretty long, but it will reward
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes black CDR do make a difference. NO the difference is soo small that I had to really really concentrate to hear it and the difference is the slight smoothing of the very high freq and overall smoothness of the sound.

Although for not much more $ the improvement maybe worthwhile in the price difference.

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Not all black-bottom CD-Rs are created equal. In fact, some of the black CD-Rs sound nearly as bad as the typical pressed CD, while most of the regular (silver or green/blue) CD-Rs sound no better than most pressed CDs. So, be careful what you wish for.

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Well I prefer the red CD-Rs myself. Also, since they're the same color as the laser, they're better at reflecting it back to the lense. It makes it sound way better then SACD: even more so then black CD-Rs. No, I'm just kidding
icon10.gif

A CD-R is still an audio CD....a SACD is a different medium. Of the SACDs I have, I prefer their SQ to any CD I have. There are some rock ones that aren't mastered too well, but by and large, if the master is high resolution or analog, SACD will be more faithful to the master then any CD.

I'm sure if we really want to argue what color CD is best, we can pick lots of examples of how a gold or silver would be better then blue or black: as the quality of the CD-R is more important then the actual color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back