1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

quest for new bands on the prog fusion jazz ( add metal if needed ) area/s

Discussion in 'Music' started by boodi, Jan 1, 2020.
  1. boodi
    One of the band I refer to is obviously ( for many ) Animals as Leaders . The last album was superb and painting so many smiles on my face; it filled a long time wait .
    But I've grown searching for more lately and while I surf around my ears onto many bands can't find many alternatives , or ones that are keepers .

ps not really a nu-metal and vocals/angry vocals fan , not genres I'm opening too neither in this research .

A fan of jazz and prog drummers & drums instead .

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. mrphilibere
    Hey! First post here, but I found this band really interesting: The Resonance Project. Recommended by Matt Garstka and the guys from Haken.

boodi likes this.
  3. Jay_vs
    Sikth. Good friends of mine. They started it all.

4. boodi
    not bad at all! and defnitely close to AsL imprinting, btw thanks for your first post welcome to head-fi !

5. Raketen
    nvm

6. boodi
    @Rateken my fault : I should probably remove the metal tag from the title , and add that I'm not (at all) into nu-metal genres or influences , including the distorted angry vocals ; barring Cynic Opeth and some death metal apart ( the prog and death metal history and productions is a field I dig )

But I'm not searching exactly there now .

that said , I like Tyondau Braxton piece ..can we call it a piece of something ? I like pieces of something that I do not decifer immediately , but that hide sense. I will listen something more from him ..:thumbsup:

7. Raketen
    my misunderstanding,