Querry - head phone stores in Montreal ?
Aug 21, 2006 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

urs

100+ Head-Fier
Dear Colleagues

I'll be on a business trip to Montreal shortly.
Who can can recommend any well-stocked head phone stores - especially also IEMs - in in this city ?

Thanks for your suggestions

Urs
("Phones Selection" - especially for IEMs and demos- here in Zürich is rather small)

PS: "Business/ Commercial members" are welcome to contact me directly via PM !

Aug 23, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 7
Headphones are **** around this part of the world, like a no"cans"land or something. If you look around you'll find that apart from the Black and better Silver Sony headphones there's nothing around this part of the world.

Aug 23, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #6 of 7
Thanks guys, for your replies & Rastafazz for your PM.

Urs

[size=xx-small]PS:
Not a head phones issue; but on past visits I found a few interesting second hand vinyl stores - so there IS some HIFI Live in Montreal after all (well, if you call S/H vinyl HIFI....
wink.gif
[/size]

Aug 23, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 7
Salut
smily_headphones1.gif

There are a couple places that might be worth checking out, though they don't offer any high end stuff (mainly midrange Senns, Grados, Sony's, etc). Most can special order whatever you need, though that may not be useful on a business trip.

Layton Audio (St. Catherine a block or two east of Stanley (downtown))
Radio St. Hubert (St. Hubert south of Jean Talon (Plateau))

.. and of course the usual mix of Best Buy, Centre Hi-fi, Future Shop and a slightly better store called The Audio Centre.

Layton Audio does carry (close to) the full Shure IEM line and I'm not sure about Radio St. Hubert.

But as other posters said, it's almost always just better to order online. There isn't much up here.

Let me know if you want more info on any of those places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back