Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
Sep 23, 2007 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

-Ruin-

Head-Fier
Let me first of say, this is an amazing album.

I have been making my way back in time, literally, listening to the rock genre. I am young, 19, so most of this old rock is new to me and Queenryche has really stuck out to me.

After listening to this album several times I have come to realize it is a story, rather than just another record with a bunch of songs on it.

I was curious to know if anyone else knows of any other albums that follow the guideline of the album being a story.

What are your thought/comments on this style of song writing?

Sep 23, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Operation: Mindcrime is awesome, one of my favorite metal albums for sure. In fact, I love all Queensryche albums up to Promised Land, but Mindrcrime is probably the best along with Rage For Order.

There are a lot of great concept albums in the progressive and metal genres. Here's a few that come to my mind:

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood
Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
IQ - Subterranea
etc.

Sep 23, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Try The Sentinel by Pallas ... that's got an okay story. I'm not sure that Misplaced Childhood has a story, but it's a great concept album nonetheless. Then there are obvious major story albums - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Tommy, Quadrophenia and The Wall.

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 9
Ayreon - The Human Equation, The Final Experiment
Pain Of Salvation - Be, One Hour by the Concrete Lake, The Perfect Element I
Dream Theater - Metropolis Part II; Scenes From a Memory

All Great Concept Albums of recent years.

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 9
Great album - they really polished their songwriting/sound on the followup but this one was still better.

I've only owned those two along with Rage For Order...are the last 2 albums any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back