Queen Vs Led Zepplin
Oct 12, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #18 of 28
The problem with Queen is that they are not consistent. They wrote some great tunes, but their albums (not that I've heard all mind you, so probably not a fair statement) nearly all contain a fair amount of filler. I find it hard to pick any Queen album as a favourite, while I like nearly all of Led Zep's albums in their entirety (except their last 2 studio albums).

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #20 of 28
The Zep does it all good. There's only a bunch of good Queen songs. :|

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's like saying Ashley Simpson could give Sarah Brightman a run for her money.

I voted for Zeppelin but that's not a statement I agree with at all. Queen is one of the major major bands of the last century.

I don't personally think Queen can rival Zeppelin in most aspects, but they certainly are one of the dozen greatest rock bands of all time......its a field where Zeppelin may be the very greatest, but certainly should always be designated a top 3 position.

I do however think that Queen's most famous songs are far more well known to the general public than Led Zeppelin's most famous songs. We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Bohemian Rhapsody......these songs are about as famous as you get.

Stairway to Heaven is ROCK legend, but it hasn't entered the mainstream as much as the three songs named above......but in terms of sheer artistic vision and musicability, I think Led Zeppelin is / was far more inventive, innovative and had a lot more soul.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #24 of 28
A lot of Queen haters. While I love the Mighty Zep, I would have to lean towards Queen due to the fact that their library is so varied. The music may have been heavily produced but the end result was always amazing. The raw energy of the first Queen LP to the amazing songwriting of the last, an amazing catalog. And yes, they were able to touch on many styles of music including Blues and Punk. Check out the songs "Sleep On The Sidewalk", "Sheer Heart Attack" & "Stone Cold Crazy".
I Love Led Zeppelin but I would rather listen to Queen!

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzsrv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of Queen haters. While I love the Mighty Zep, I would have to lean towards Queen due to the fact that their library is so varied. The music may have been heavily produced but the end result was always amazing. The raw energy of the first Queen LP to the amazing songwriting of the last, an amazing catalog. And yes, they were able to touch on many styles of music including Blues and Punk. Check out the songs "Sleep On The Sidewalk", "Sheer Heart Attack" & "Stone Cold Crazy".
I Love Led Zeppelin but I would rather listen to Queen!

What you said is what I've been trying to figure a way to say. Basically, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #26 of 28
k701smile.gif
Both are realy great bands, but my pick went to Led Zeppelin, every time I listen to Led Zeppelin it feels like the first time!Great rock!!!
k701smile.gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's like saying Ashley Simpson could give Sarah Brightman a run for her money.

How is that a fair comparison? we're talking about two legendary rock bands, who's Ashley Simpson?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back