Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Nov 13, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #151 of 436
I'm thinking of getting one of these, but I'm still going back and forth between spending the $300 in one of these or just $110 to have another Qudelix 5K, which is the best sound quality I've heard in my life, by far, so much that I can't imagine anything with a better sound quality. Of course when you ask the company, they tell you it's obviously worth the $190 difference, but I wanted to check with people here before making a decision. Do you actually notice better sound quality in the T71 compared to the 5K?

And the other thing is that the T71 can only be ordered from them, and they say that the buyer may have to pay customs fees. So for people in the US, was this the case, and if it was, how much did you have to pay in customs fees?
I already said this on the Qudelix forum. For me, its worth it if you are going to use it with multichannel audio (games, series, movies etc) or you need more power.

If you are only planning to use it with regular stereo music and the 5k gives you enough power, I don't think that the T71 is would be an improvement per se.

About fees. I can't help you with that, as Im not familiar with US fees.

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #152 of 436
I already said this on the Qudelix forum. For me, its worth it if you are going to use it with multichannel audio (games, series, movies etc) or you need more power.
And I appreciated your advice, however, I'm doing my due diligence and asking people in this forum as well, to have as many opinions as possible before spending $300 on a device that may have no discernible difference with the 5K in my case. Unless you think your opinion is the only one that counts and the rest don't matter at all.

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #153 of 436
And I appreciated your advice, however, I'm doing my due diligence and asking people in this forum as well, to have as many opinions as possible before spending $300 on a device that may have no discernible difference with the 5K in my case. Unless you think your opinion is the only one that counts and the rest don't matter at all.
Well, my opinion doesn't count at all, cause at the end of the day, you are the only one who can decide if it is worth it or no.
I compared it with the 5k with matched volumes and I couldnt feel any improvement playing regular music. However I felt that 5.1/7.1 content sounds better when using the 7.1 DAC mode than the 2.0 one.

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #154 of 436

I really love the T71, but it also fits my use case quite well, being a PC gamer and an audiophile music junkie. A lot of PC games feature some form of surround sound, and it's awesome to make use of that with the T71, with the benefit being very precise imaging which gets a slight boost in perceived spaciousness by virtue of sonic elements occupying very distinct and stable spaces within the mix. It is so much easier to precisely track things via sound compared to a typical 2.0 stereo setup where stuff gets more easily mixed together. I'm interested in the T71 IEM too just to see how far they can take this.

It's a pretty awesome device just for music too. I had the Chord Mojo 2 right before the T71 and absolutely do not feel like a took a step down.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #155 of 436

I can't tell you if it's worth it in your case, however the T71 is much more powerful than 5K and supports a sampling rate of 384kHz (in stereo) instead of 96kHz.

In my opinion, it is a dongle that is worth purchasing, also due to the fact that it has an internal battery, which helps when you use headphones,
especially if you use IOS devices.

I sometimes use it in BT, pairing it with the Shanling M0 as a receiver.

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #157 of 436

If you are only planning to use it with regular stereo music and the 5k gives you enough power, I don't think that the T71 is would be an improvement per se.
I agree, i personally won't get one.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #158 of 436
Thanks for your opinions. What about the customs fees, for those of you living in the US?

I didn't have any. I'm in the New England region if that's helpful(probably not).

Nov 14, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #160 of 436
Well, shouldn't that be the same for the whole country? I mean, customs fees are a federal thing, not state, right?

I really don't know, which is why I figured that probably wouldn't be helpful to mention. Sorry. I can only report that I didn't pay any customs.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #161 of 436
Well, shouldn't that be the same for the whole country? I mean, customs fees are a federal thing, not state, right?
I doubt you have to worry about customs if you are in the US. I definitely did not have customs duties when I ordered the 5K directly from them a few years ago (before they sold on Amazon, Drop, etc.). There is a Free Trade Agreement between the US and Korea.

https://www.trade.gov/us-korea-free-trade-agreement

Nov 18, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #163 of 436
I only just found out about the T71 and mine just arrived this morning. The surround processing feels a little subtle but definitely noticeable- was fun playing some of the Dolby surround tests on YouTube on my iPad and feeling it move around my headphones.

I feel like this DAC really hits a sweet spot for traveling; perfect for taking IEMs on a trip and being able to use them with music and movies on my iPad is going to be great fun. The Chrome app seems to work well too. My only wish was there was a way to do the same in Safari on an iPad so I didn’t have to keep switching back to my MacBook to adjust things.

I would normally take my Mojo2 with me but not sure whether to only take the T71. It sounds pretty good to my ears but I’ve not tried to do any comparisons yet.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #164 of 436
I finally got it, and I'm happy with the sound quality, it just sucks that it doesn't work with receivers. But something occurred to me and I wanted to ask about it here. I know it sounds crazy, but I wonder if the HDMI audio only output in 4K Blu-ray players, along with an HDMI to USB-C adapter would work. I would try it, but this device is too expensive to try something that could potentially ruin it.

Nov 20, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #165 of 436
This topic discusses the upcoming T71 IEM. Apparently it's going to be a 3BA + 1DD config. I do intend to get it when it becomes available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back