Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Oct 30, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #136 of 436
1698672507679.png

Found the reason of the hiccup on Linux. Looks like the product id has changed from 710X to 713X. Now it works fine again.

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #140 of 436
How do you guys listen from a PC? Just via the normal path of windows sound? Or is ASIO possible or worth it? I usually stream with Tidal.

Thanks!

No ASIO drivers at the moment.
I personally use ROON, with WASAPI.

With TIDAL app on PC, I set EXCLUSIVE MODE, no MQA PASSTHROUGH, FIXED VOLUME.

On windows, I make sure that the T71 is not the default audio device.

Nov 1, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #141 of 436
No ASIO drivers at the moment.
I personally use ROON, with WASAPI.

With TIDAL app on PC, I set EXCLUSIVE MODE, no MQA PASSTHROUGH, FIXED VOLUME.

On windows, I make sure that the T71 is not the default audio device.
Thank you so much. I'm not sure if it's placebo, but my LCD-XC's sound so much better now, after making sure T71 is not the default audio device.

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #142 of 436
Thank you so much. I'm not sure if it's placebo, but my LCD-XC's sound so much better now, after making sure T71 is not the default audio device.
Hi. Does the T71 have enough power for LCD-XC? I ordered one, which will be paired with my T71. Are you using the balanced output?

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #143 of 436
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #144 of 436
Im sorry, but how being not the default audio device matters? I just can't see how that makes a difference. The only possible difference, which still won't be audible for most people, is using the device on direct mode.

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #145 of 436
Im sorry, but how being not the default audio device matters? I just can't see how that makes a difference. The only possible difference, which still won't be audible for most people, is using the device on direct mode.
I agree - but i presume it bypasses some windows audio processing - thus providing a more "direct" mode? As i said, it's likely placebo - but i like it :)

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #146 of 436
Nov 7, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #149 of 436
I don't know if anyone else was having this problem, but while gaming, sounds that should be in the center/front channels while using 7.1 were way WAY too quiet, to the point they were almost silent. This has been happening only since a recent update I think. At first I thought it was a problem with Alan Wake 2, but noticed it in other games too, after finishing that one(in normal 2.0 stereo, like a peasant lol). Anyway, Qudelix support is aware of this issue and said there's an update waiting on the Chrome app approval process which fixes it. In the mean time if you keep your SPKEQ on and in "flat", the problem goes away.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #150 of 436
I'm thinking of getting one of these, but I'm still going back and forth between spending the $300 in one of these or just $110 to have another Qudelix 5K, which is the best sound quality I've heard in my life, by far, so much that I can't imagine anything with a better sound quality. Of course when you ask the company, they tell you it's obviously worth the $190 difference, but I wanted to check with people here before making a decision. Do you actually notice better sound quality in the T71 compared to the 5K?

And the other thing is that the T71 can only be ordered from them, and they say that the buyer may have to pay customs fees. So for people in the US, was this the case, and if it was, how much did you have to pay in customs fees?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back