Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Dec 30, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #241 of 434
So rumors for android app is mentioned to be this month?
With the latest firmware when i use vbus mode and charge off my t71 still sometimes charge is this bug?
They said that the android app was going to be avalaible in the first months of 2024. I hope we get it in January.

Can't help you about the charging thing, never had that issue.

Jan 1, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #244 of 434
Sorry about not reading through all 17 pages, maybe this has already been answered. I'm a new happy owner of the T71, long time user of the 5k already.

Is there a way to control the T71 from a mobile device like iPad or iPhone? I guess the qudelix app doesn't work anymore for the new device?

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #245 of 434
Is there a way to control the T71 from a mobile device like iPad or iPhone?

From iPhone, no.
This is due to IOS restrictions on lightning connector communication.

For the latest USB-C iPhones I don't know (but I think it's not there too).

For IPAD I don't know.

Conversely for Android smartphones, the feature has been announced, but as far as I know it has not yet been implemented.

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #246 of 434
From iPhone, no.
This is due to IOS restrictions on lightning connector communication.

For the latest USB-C iPhones I don't know (but I think it's not there too).

For IPAD I don't know.

Conversely for Android smartphones, the feature has been announced, but as far as I know it has not yet been implemented.
Thank you. That's what I thought. It would have been great if you could use it just like the 5k and try out some EQ settings on the fly through the mobile device.

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #247 of 434
Thank you. That's what I thought. It would have been great if you could use it just like the 5k and try out some EQ settings on the fly through the mobile device.

In reality I will tell you that initially I too feared that I would strongly miss the app for using the device day-by-day, while now (months later) I don't miss it at all, because, apart from the actual configuration and specific to the EQ curves, everything else can be done easily and effectively using the 4 colored buttons.

So, in practice, I connect it to Chrome when I want to insert/edit an EQ profile or when I want to update the firmware. For everything else I use it standalone.

Jan 1, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #248 of 434
In reality I will tell you that initially I too feared that I would strongly miss the app for using the device day-by-day, while now (months later) I don't miss it at all, because, apart from the actual configuration and specific to the EQ curves, everything else can be done easily and effectively using the 4 colored buttons.

So, in practice, I connect it to Chrome when I want to insert/edit an EQ profile or when I want to update the firmware. For everything else I use it standalone.
Thanks for the confirmation, that's exactly how I was operating the T71 since the two days I have had them 👍

Yes, you can do everything (except new EQ profiles) via the buttons, very nice!

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #249 of 434
I know we are 17 pages deep, yet I still feel like T71 isn't as popular as I would've guessed. Oh well, I love it all the same. It's my most used source by far at this point. Also, I'm excited to see what updates they have in the pipeline considering we haven't gotten one in a while.

Jan 4, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #250 of 434
Is there a way to have the device work without any bus power? I normally use my T71 with my iPad but thought I’d try it via the USB DAC cable for my Sony WM1A today and it looks like there’s no way to power it on so it’s only powered by the built-in battery.

Jan 4, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #251 of 434
Is there a way to have the device work without any bus power? I normally use my T71 with my iPad but thought I’d try it via the USB DAC cable for my Sony WM1A today and it looks like there’s no way to power it on so it’s only powered by the built-in battery.
Don't think you can power it just from the battery. It's either VBus or hybrid.

Jan 7, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #252 of 434
Well, a few months ago when people asked them about the T71 IEMs, they said January maybe. So hopefully they're available sometime soon. I'm keeping my expectations in check but I'm still curious to try them, or see if they're even worth it in the first place.

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #253 of 434
I'm buying both the Q15 and the T71 and deciding which one to keep later.

Honorable mention was the BTR7. Maybe I'll buy all three and compare.

I'm leaning toward the T71 because I can't support Taiwan being Simply Ceded to Autocratic China at this time. I also have Taiwanese-American Cousins and would enjoy supporting A unique product in the Qudelix-T71 if I can, good South Korean Engineering Group!

More to follow in the coming week or two.

There are a number of things I want to compare.

Fiio customer support did tell me that the Q15 sports a 5500mah battery. There are a number of things I wish to test between the two or three portable units.
I want to try the T71 though however. It's bit less costly too.

I'm actually mostly interested to try the T71 as it has so many cool features in the 7.1 surround and 20 band PEQ

I'm coming from the Smyth Realiser so want to see how convincing and \ useful the 7.1 is. !

I'm also the told the Q15 gets warm. Neither good nor bad, but impressive!
I'll give all units a fair and unbiased comparison.

I'll be driving HD 800 and Stax Lambda Signature and 003mkII with closed back bass-stabilizing\adding rears thru the Stax SRM D10 line-in for the DAC sections..
I'll test Q15 and T71 for HD 800 (balanced outputs, 2.5mm and 4.4mm driving and...

I confess I want the Qudelix-T71 to hold up well, but We'll see.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #254 of 434
Is tought choose t71 or q15 i tried both and is tought.
T71 have better support upgradeable features in future...have 8voltage and better eq but without eq i little more liked q15 sound is little less fatigue and have more power...bluetooth which i really liked real deskop mode which is top to not use any power but only from charger....i don t know which keeping ...t71 i like big donngle mega portable with hybrid battery or vbus power from usb don t need any charger and also battery is replaceable by users...but don t last match like q15 which have way more battery and can operate byself....7.1 i very cool features but i see work better windows have better support for that...and work with files like dolby dts atmos 5.1 and 7.1 surround...but with stream services support Netflix and other and YouTube is realy limited and don t support this type of files....i m also don t know now which keep hehe...

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #255 of 434
Is tought choose t71 or q15 i tried both and is tought.
T71 have better support upgradeable features in future...have 8voltage and better eq but without eq i little more liked q15 sound is little less fatigue and have more power...bluetooth which i really liked real deskop mode which is top to not use any power but only from charger....i don t know which keeping ...t71 i like big donngle mega portable with hybrid battery or vbus power from usb don t need any charger and also battery is replaceable by users...but don t last match like q15 which have way more battery and can operate byself....7.1 i very cool features but i see work better windows have better support for that...and work with files like dolby dts atmos 5.1 and 7.1 surround...but with stream services support Netflix and other and YouTube is realy limited and don t support this type of files....i m also don t know now which keep hehe...

Do you do any PC gaming? The T71 is great for that. Multichannel support is now one of the things I look(along with super ultrawide) when deciding on a new game to play. I think the T71 is amazing for music, but I probably never would've bought it without the gaming benefit, so it's definitely a ymmv kinda thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back