Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Apr 13, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #391 of 398
Using the T71 with the Meze Elite since about 2 weeks. I'm not sure about the 7.1 feature yet. Yes it sounds somehow more spacous than the 2.0 mode. But ofc you don't get surround sound.
If the 5k is enough and it's only about the 7.1 feature, I'm not sure if thats worth the price. I never had the 5k and not sure about all the differences.

Don't get my wrong. I really like the T71. It has enough power for almost every headphone to drive. Very good for desktop use. It turns on when it gets a signal and turn off when the pc shuts down. Alot of useful settings. Super easy EQ setup via Browser and easy to switch the EQ on the device. The display shows the EQ names and you don't have to remember what EQ 1, 2, ... were for. Like I made an EQ for the Elite with alcantara pads for gaming. I remebers some settings for each connector. Like 3.5mm it's using my Sundara EQ and the Elite are using a different connector and won't load that EQ if I don't select it manually. 7.1 -> 2.0 and the other way around is just a 2sec button press and thats it. No annoying menus to click through. Good connection options.

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #392 of 398
Using the T71 with the Meze Elite since about 2 weeks. I'm not sure about the 7.1 feature yet. Yes it sounds somehow more spacous than the 2.0 mode. But ofc you don't get surround sound.
If the 5k is enough and it's only about the 7.1 feature, I'm not sure if thats worth the price. I never had the 5k and not sure about all the differences.

Don't get my wrong. I really like the T71. It has enough power for almost every headphone to drive. Very good for desktop use. It turns on when it gets a signal and turn off when the pc shuts down. Alot of useful settings. Super easy EQ setup via Browser and easy to switch the EQ on the device. The display shows the EQ names and you don't have to remember what EQ 1, 2, ... were for. Like I made an EQ for the Elite with alcantara pads for gaming. I remebers some settings for each connector. Like 3.5mm it's using my Sundara EQ and the Elite are using a different connector and won't load that EQ if I don't select it manually. 7.1 -> 2.0 and the other way around is just a 2sec button press and thats it. No annoying menus to click through. Good connection options.
I've been using 5k and T71 only for 2ch sources and T71 is a significant upgrade. :)
According to Qudelix you can still benefit from all the increased price and HW resource with 2ch.
7.1 feature is just an additional feature by SW implementation.
And I strongly recommend using balanced output or at least active ground.

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #393 of 398
Apr 14, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #395 of 398
You have to remove the con "The display's orientation cannot be flipped". It's a setting in the browser app. Guess they added that feature with one of the many updates :)
Yes you're right, as well as add that they now have now added DSD support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back