Qudelix-5K: Should I Get From Friend For Cheap, or Save $$
Mar 30, 2024 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Thrill Killer

Head-Fier
My friend has a Qudelix-5K he doesn't like. He thinks his iem sound better on his phone. A Samsung of 1'ish years old. I told him to give it time for his ears to adjust. To him it "just sucks". Anyways, he wants $50 for it. But, do I need one, or, is it the Hobbyist in me saying "buy it, another gizmo".

I use a iPhone 14Pro w/Dongle. And all music in ALAC. I also listen to Apple Music too. My iems are Blessing 3. Will it give more Oomph or will it not do much over what I have now.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 6
Your Blessing is pretty sensitive as is, so I don't think think the Q5K is going to do a whole lot for you.

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 6
I have the Blessing 3 and the $9 Apple 3.5mm USB adapter does just fine and tons of power, plus it's tiny. The Tanchjim Space I have is a sound quality and power upgrade that's worth it. The Topping G5 is kingpin, but mine weighs 1lb 9oz and it's a great laptop companion but like carrying a brick with a phone. If your friend doesn't like it that much, it might be a defective unit, I'd pass on it.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 6
I have the Blessing 3 and the $9 Apple 3.5mm USB adapter does just fine and tons of power, plus it's tiny. The Tanchjim Space I have is a sound quality and power upgrade that's worth it. The Topping G5 is kingpin, but mine weighs 1lb 9oz and it's a great laptop companion but like carrying a brick with a phone. If your friend doesn't like it that much, it might be a defective unit, I'd pass on it.
My friend's 5K is not defective. He uses some bass heavy iem. Arias if I remember right. He's not in the hobby. Which is why he won't wait for his ears to adjust. I will pass on the 5K.

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #6 of 6
He's not in the hobby. Which is why he won't wait for his ears to adjust.

Yeah, that's what I figured when he said it "just sucks." 🤣 That said, you totally don't need it. Better to save the money for a possible IEM upgrade down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back