Quandry.. need a simple USB line out
Dec 13, 2009 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ucrags84

100+ Head-Fier
So i'm ready to pull the trigger on an Mini3 portable amp. Problem is, I want the high performance it brings, but need something to bypass my PC sound card out.

I don't have a line out on my sound card, so I was wondering where I could get a cheap USB DAC dongle with some line out, or sound out. Or a cheap PCI card with a line out? the NuForce Mobile might end up having a USB DAC, but i don't think it can match the performance of the Mini3 with some tweaking.

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 7
It's really hard to find a good USB DAC for that price range. It will bypass your sound card but in the same time, still have to do job of processing the signal to feed your headamp.

This one is over your budget but will give you the simplest option. Just plug one side to your USB port, the other side to your Mini3 and you're all set.

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 7
Hi all - a new question on this.

I'm considering the Ibasso D4 to work as a DAC and amp for my laptop, PC and Ipod with it's LOD. I know the DAC won't be used with the IPOD, but hopefully will with the other 2.

I use a program called 'Spotify' a helluva lot - it's live streamed music over the internet. In the USA 'Pandora' is similar. If I can use the D4 as described, can it work with streamed music too?

Please help - I know my 2 channel audio stuff and valves really well, but am hopelessly computer illiterate.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #7 of 7
hi - please ignore my last question, I now have a USB bantam dac from a forum member
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back