Quality TRS Balanced cables?
Jul 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wakdady

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know who makes quality TRS Balanced cables? I've heard negative reviews on the Hosa brand, but dont know who to go with. These would be for my M Audio BX5's.

I also need the power cables, anyone know where I can find those as well?

Thanks!!
-Henry

-ps, i like the old forum layout better

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 7
http://www.signalcable.com also make quality cables at affordable prices.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Many of the Hosa and similar cables have molded plastic covers over the connectors which makes them impossible to repair.  In studios where cables get handled a lot the cables can break or lose a connection right at the plug or right at the strain relief.  Having a cable where you can disassemble the plug and repair it.  With a molded connector you cannot.  For home use where cables aren't handled as much or abused as much that may not be such a big deal.  In a studio it can be a big deal and those cables will get dinged for poor reliability or poor quality.

I'm using Hosa cables with my BX8a.  I'd have gone with Monoprice if they would have had the TS and TRS cables in stock when I needed them.

Monoprice also sells power cables that will work with your speakers.  Being Monoprice the price for the power cables is very good and you can get whatever length you need and a choice of guage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back