Quality of Xin right angle mini-to-mini plug?
Aug 4, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by motifone
Hi All

Just curious if anyone has bought/used Xin's right-angle mini to mini plug?

http://www.fixup.net/products/whitemini.htm

I'm thinking of getting one to use with my Ipod's Sik cable and plug it right into the amp, no need for another length of mini-to-mini

Anyone using it? Sound quality is ok?

thanks!

Uhh $20 for that? I'm guessing no one else makes one?

Aug 4, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 8
I have one and I think it works great. I had the same problem using the sik cable. The mini to mini together with the sik cable was too much cable. There was a group buy a little over a month ago. I think the cost ended up at $15. It's a pretty cool little connecter.

Aug 4, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by motifone
haha aurora,

yeh, I know it's a bit pricey

what brand/type of mini-to-mini interconnect do you have between your sik and amp?

Right now I have the RatShack IC that came with my Superdual, I'm still shopping for a decent mini to mini IC that wont break the bank. I'm also considering building my own.

Aug 5, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 8
Norm's (of Headsave) mini-to-mini is very well built, sounds great, and is only $20. I just sold mine with my Go Vibe to another head-fier. I also had the Xin right angle plug but preferred using my mini to mini with my Ipod so sold the Xin to another guy who missed out on the group buy. If you post a WTB for it, you may find someone else who's decided they don't really need it after all.

Aug 5, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 8
HI: I use the XIN mini to mini cable with my portable minidisc and super mini amp and it sounds great. I bought a more exspensive diy cable that was real stiff and just gave it away and kept the XIN cable.

Aug 5, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #8 of 8
I'm using it with SiK din cable and Supermini. Well built and works great. One problem: right angle IC adds leverage to tha jack and sometimes causes intermittency problem (IC is sturdy but Supermini's jack isn't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back