Quality of replacement HD600 cables
Jan 5, 2002 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dlow

Head-Fier
I recently paid a visit to my local audio shop in search of replacements for my HD600 stock cables (gold plugs w/ 1/4" connector). The replacements I found were cheap looking non-gold plated ones with a straight 1/8" connector with the official Sennheiser label. Then I looked at Headroom and saw that their replacements had an angled 1/8" connector (can't tell whether they're gold plated or not).

Does gold plating make much or a difference? If so, are Headroom's replacements gold plated (I like the angled 1/8" for portable use). With so many different cables (all supposedly from Sennheiser), is my local shop selling me fakes?

Note: After reading the reviews, I'm quite aware of the superior quality of the Clou cables. However, I'm working on an amp first. Which brings me to my next question: What quality of gear (CD player + Interconnect + Amp) will I need before I can start to really appreciate the Clou cables?

Jan 5, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 2
I haven't heard the Clous, but cables are definitely end-stage upgrades. They'll let you hear crappy equipment as it is-crappy. Get some good equipment, and then upgrade your cables.

Whatever replacements you find should be fine since the original Senn cables are not exactly amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back