Quality Bulk Speaker Wire
Mar 24, 2018 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lcasadonte

100+ Head-Fier
I thought I might try my hand at soldering a few banana connectors and make a custom 30 ft speaker cable(s) for my office setup. For the effort I figured I would use a higher quality cable but can't seem to find anyone who sells in bulk that doesnt charge almost what they would be terminated (I can't easily buy 30 ft). Any help is appreciated, thanks,

Mar 24, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 5
So I originally bought some blue jeans cable that I think was Belden (cables too short). Would you consider Mogami and Canare to both be steps up from the Belden? Thanks,

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 5
I would, though Belden makes some good cables also. Currently my speaker cables are Mogami, video cables are either Mogami or Canare. My interconnects are both Mogami and Sommer. I am mostly over on DIYaudio.com . My various amps and preamp builds I am using mostly Belden cable for the point to point wiring. My diy AC cables are Belden 83803.
I am partial to making my own cables with quality wire and connectors.

Mar 24, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 5
I would, though Belden makes some good cables also. Currently my speaker cables are Mogami, video cables are either Mogami or Canare. My interconnects are both Mogami and Sommer. I am mostly over on DIYaudio.com . My various amps and preamp builds I am using mostly Belden cable for the point to point wiring. My diy AC cables are Belden 83803.
I am partial to making my own cables with quality wire and connectors.
Thanks, whats your source for the wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back