Quality bass headphones perfect for an office environment. No price limits. Best for EDM.
Jan 26, 2016 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

magickirbyz

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! I'm currently on the look out for some awesome quality extra bass headphones while working as a programmer. The genre's I listening to are mostly EDM. Price is not a factor here, and I need help finding the perfect headphones. I would like to list some of the things that would make this the perfect headphones that I am looking for:

- Little Sound Leakage (Since I am in an Office Environment).
- Heavy, Rich, Impressive Bass. (I want to get the chills when the bass drops)
- Sounds good when playing Trance also hearing those awesome melodies and sound details.
- Very Comfortable (I should be able to sit down 8 hours and not feel like I should take the headphone off because my ear starts to hurt).

Man, these things would be awesome to have for a headphone. Thank you in advance guys!

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 9
B&W P7. Bass has great quality and impact , and extension. Mids are good. Treble is exceptional for a closed portable. Try the cheaper V Moda m100 as well, although it's not as good.

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 9
Well if price is no issue maybe try the Audeze LCD-XC or Darth beyers. I really like my sony MDR-7520's as well for house music. If it wasn't for your leakage qualm I would quickly suggest the TH-900

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 9
You will get the best isolation by far from an IEM. Personally, I have the Aurisonics Bravo Kicker and they are wonderful and fit everything you describe. They are have deep, powerful bass, some of the best isolation ever (I get nervous walking around campus with mine on because of the removal of my hearing) and depending on the tips you should be able to get an extremely comfortable fit, that will never get hot or heavy like over ear headphones. If you want to step it up, since price isn't a consideration, you could consider some of the high-end custom in-ear monitors on the market, they would completely satisfy you. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #9 of 9
what do you mean by "little sound leakage"?

I consider my THX00 as basically the perfect bass-y office headphone.  If you blast them and somebody is right next to you and it's quiet, people will hear you.  But my secretary, who sits about 8 feet away from me, can't hear them when I'm playing at my normal "work" listening volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back