Qualia earbuds sold separately..
Jul 1, 2004 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

lindrone

King Canaling
Jul 1, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 14
I'll get two at that price! Man, I'm glad they have a budget headphone in the qualia line. They should have made it white to match the color of my iPod.
I was so worried that I couldn't afford the qualia R10 replacement yet....

Jul 2, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by utdeep
I'll get two at that price! Man, I'm glad they have a budget headphone in the qualia line. They should have made it white to match the color of my iPod.
I was so worried that I couldn't afford the qualia R10 replacement yet....

lol... hahahaha..

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 14
All they need is a qualia eggo, and all we need is a qualia collector to laugh at.
eggosmile.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 14
When it's at the qualia store, I'll try and clean it and then try it out.

I have the EX70. It's not that bad used outside
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 14
$200 for an earbud is not tempting...
rolleyes.gif
maybe if it was an in-ear canal phone it would be interesting to see them to go out against the e4rs

Jul 2, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #10 of 14
ayt999 heard it in japan at the qualia store and said that they sounded very good. I believe it's made from metal and is pretty high quality. 200 is kind of alot though..

Jul 2, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chefguru
ayt999 heard it in japan at the qualia store and said that they sounded very good. I believe it's made from metal and is pretty high quality. 200 is kind of alot though..

did I? maybe I did... I don't remember.
tongue.gif
but having listened to them for a few minutes, I didn't find them to be too bad. of course, I have never used ety's or shures or any of the high end in ears so I have nothing to compare them to so I would rather that you ignore my opinions and wait for others to test them out.
smily_headphones1.gif

they sure do look like some EX70 / EX71 earbuds, but the nice people at the QUALIA store assured me that it was made from a single solid metal block and uses the same driver technology / material as that in the QUALIA 010 (currently available in only these two products) so it can't be too bad.... right?

I really wish I could have visited the store one more time, and spent more quality time at the QUALIA store.
frown.gif

http://www.qualia.sony.us/
1-877-QUALIA3
cannot find an address for a store in the US.
frown.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight
$200 for an earbud is not tempting...
rolleyes.gif
maybe if it was an in-ear canal phone it would be interesting to see them to go out against the e4rs

They are in-ear canal phones, although not very deeply seated and doesn't isolate as much.

Jul 2, 2004 at 5:28 AM Post #13 of 14
As long as Sony has their return policy, I'll give it a try. I have my reference (Sony MDR-E484 and E888) and many good headphones to compare. I owned Ety-ER4s before and I know how the EX-70LP sound. 200 bucks still lots for an earbud/canal phone though.

Jul 2, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 14
I have this funny feeling that Etys and Shures would wipe the floor them, though.

I guess hearing will be believing.

*sigh* when are they going to open a Qualia store in California?

I bet they open it in San Francisco if they do.

I'm selfish, I'd rather it be in LA, but San Fran makes more sense.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back