Qualia 010 with Prehead MkII SE? Please Help
Oct 17, 2005 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

overlunge

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I am currently considering the Meier Audio's Corda Prehead MKII SE to drive the 010, but search high and low on this forum as well as some of the meet impressions, there weren't a lot of impressions/views in regard to this combo.

Could anyone who has owned or auditioned this combination care to provide me with informations to aid my search!?

Thank you very much.

Overlunge

Oct 18, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 15
Overlunge, I have the exact same question as well! I know Todd currently is running a loan program that I'm trying to get on (I emailed him but received no response, I will try again!).

Here is the thread

Trogdor

Oct 18, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
Overlunge, I have the exact same question as well! I know Todd currently is running a loan program that I'm trying to get on (I emailed him but received no response, I will try again!).

Here is the thread

Trogdor

Haha... Trogdor, I would love to get on the loan programme, but living in New Zealand doesn't really help. [size=xx-small]mmm... Prehead and G08[/size]
biggrin.gif

Overlunge

Oct 18, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 15
Ouch, that's right, you live down under. Alright, that sucks. Well if I can get on the list maybe I can send you impressions. Not sure if I'm going to do this though.

Trogdor

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
You're becoming a force to be reckoned with on these forums, overlunge. You know you are when the americans start mistaking you for one of their own
wink.gif

lol, Covenant. That is if my British English spelling couldn't fool people anymore. But when are you joining the Qualia family, my fellow down-under brother?

Overlunge

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
lol, Covenant. That is if my British English spelling couldn't fool people anymore. But when are you joining the Qualia family, my fellow down-under brother?

Overlunge

Don't think i will be. The little issues like having to get a perfect seal, the finicky head positioning, the inability to go "Here, have a listen" to random family members/friends/guests, and the prohibitve costs/availability of the Qualia are all deterrents there. Atm my most logical headphone upgrade is looking like the O2, but we'll see. I'll have to demo those extensively first before i begin the long save there
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #8 of 15
Qualia down under in NZ? Fancy a trip to the Melbourne meet? I'm sure we can pass a hat around and fly you over. Failing that, just send the cans! Not that we'll have an amp to drive it properly...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Don't think i will be. The little issues like having to get a perfect seal, the finicky head positioning, the inability to go "Here, have a listen" to random family members/friends/guests, and the prohibitve costs/availability of the Qualia are all deterrents there. Atm my most logical headphone upgrade is looking like the O2, but we'll see. I'll have to demo those extensively first before i begin the long save there
tongue.gif

Sure, I understand where you are coming from. Why not buy a return ticket to Christchurch, and I will arrange an audition of both Qualia and Omega II (with 007t) [belongs to a fellow Head-fier] for you.

Overlunge

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Sure, I understand where you are coming from. Why not buy a return ticket to Christchurch, and I will arrange an audition of both Qualia and Omega II (with 007t) [belongs to a fellow Head-fier] for you.

Overlunge

Very tempting, overlunge
biggrin.gif
I'll see what i can arrange this xmas, if i actually get any holidays anyway. I'm in a constant state of bankrupcy atm anyway just trying to get my SA5K rig completed, so it'll be about that long before i'll be able to think about tickets to anywhere.

Pity i wouldn't be bringing much to the table though, except the E5.

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosch
Qualia down under in NZ? Fancy a trip to the Melbourne meet? I'm sure we can pass a hat around and fly you over. Failing that, just send the cans! Not that we'll have an amp to drive it properly...
rolleyes.gif

lol, Bosch, I did thought about a trip to Melbourne (just because I loved the city so much last time I visited) wait till I get this amp sorted!

Overlunge

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Very tempting, overlunge
biggrin.gif
I'll see what i can arrange this xmas, if i actually get any holidays anyway. I'm in a constant state of bankrupcy atm anyway just trying to get my SA5K rig completed, so it'll be about that long before i'll be able to think about tickets to anywhere.

Pity i wouldn't be bringing much to the table though, except the E5.

Not a worry, just come on over, and I will try to find a couch for you to sleep on. [size=xx-small] shh... have to ask my wife first[/size]

Overlunge

Oct 18, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 15
Bump to see if anyone out there can shed some light on this topic !?

Overlunge

Oct 18, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #14 of 15
I haven't heard the combination Prehead MkII SE / Sony Qualia. I actually never heard the Prehead MkII SE.

But my Prehead MkI has proved to be so stellar with any headphone I tried with, that I can hardly believe that the MkII SE would not be stellar as well with any headphone - that is including the Qualia.

Call this Corda fanboy-ism if you want... but I doubt one will, if he/she has extensively used a Prehead
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #15 of 15
Thanks, greenhorn. Anyone out there could shed more light on this particular combo?

Overlunge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back