Quad 99cdp-2 in headpone system?
Nov 30, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 6
I have a friend of mine with one. IMO, easily the best CD player for anything like the price.
For a year it was the benchmark of what I was aiming against and was only bettered with a serious amount of effort on my front end.
If I were looking for a new, single box solution at that price range, I'd buy one without thinking twice.

Dec 1, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Mr S,

Do you find the Bel Canto DAC2 to be very superior to the Quad? Any comments would be welcome....

Nope, the DAC2 is not very superior, though with my uprated transport, I do think it has a noticeable edge.

Dec 8, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 6
I also have a friend who uses this cdp (head-fi user Qaam.) It sounds really good and he really likes that he can use it as an external DAC for his macbook. I have an Eastern Electric MiniMax which is similarly priced and over Christmas break we're going to compare them. I'll let you know the sound characteristics that we pick up from each.

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 6
At its price its just superb. The ability to use it as a separate DAC is a very thick layer of icing on the cake. If I had the money in my pocket, I'd order one today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back