QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
Jan 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #31 of 5,627

Quote:
This girl on Facebook asked for laptop recommendations, her requirements being mainly word processing (and probably youtube/itunes). All her friends recommended incredibly expensive Macs, I showed her a decent and much cheaper netbook. (Asus EE PC 1215N) Guess what she chose? I did mention afterwards that she at least consider purchasing a second-hand Mac for cost purposes, though I doubt she'll listen. 

Our Macbook was a nightmare. The case cracked, updating to Snow Leopard completely hosed it, the disc drive stopped working, etc. I've been MUCH happier with my $400 Toshiba.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #32 of 5,627
Many people buy Macs and then install windows on bootcamp. So whats the point of that when you can get a similar looking brushed aluminum laptop for a few hundred dollars less?

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #33 of 5,627
Exactly.

Don't want to turn this into a Mac vs. Windows battle though
dt880smile.png

I'm a Windows man myself. Have been my entire life, all 20 years of it lol
Quote:
Many people buy Macs and then install windows on bootcamp. So whats the point of that when you can get a similar looking brushed aluminum laptop for a few hundred dollars less?

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #35 of 5,627
I bought a brand new Ortofon e-Q5 for $300, but I don't like it. The seller doesn't accept returns and now I need to sell it for at most $240, or it will take forever to sell and I will be loosing at least $60. Moral of the story: never buy new. Buy used and if you find out that you really like it, sell it and then buy the thing new.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #37 of 5,627

Quote:
I had a testicle removed and walk with a limp. I'm known as one hung lo
frown.gif

Oh my , so sorry to hear you are that, Hung !

"I can't complain, just don't get me started on politics" ...lol

Of course, sitting here on the dock of the bay makes me a happy camper without complaint ...

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #38 of 5,627
Had an awful maths exam today, which I've probably failed. On top of that I've got a stinking cold and feel like carap.

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #40 of 5,627
A certain woman who I mostly certainly fell in love with quite certainly told me to let go, for certain. Well that is if she wasn't so absolutely vague, though this I attribute to the probability that she is dense. A storm unaware of the damage it has caused, nor cares for that matter. All that's left is to forgive myself for being a lovestruck fool, a thing of which we all were once, I'm certain. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #41 of 5,627
1287991356034.jpg

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #42 of 5,627
Quote:
A certain woman who I mostly certainly fell in love with quite certainly told me to let go, for certain. Well that is if she wasn't so absolutely vague, though this I attribute to the probability that she is dense. A storm unaware of the damage it has caused, nor cares for that matter. All that's left is to forgive myself for being a lovestruck fool, a thing of which we all were once, I'm certain. 

Oh, I'm sorry :frowning2: It is it possible she really had no clue? I remember one night, my senior year of college, going to the bar and running into a guy I'd known since I was a freshman. He (very drunkenly) confessed he'd been in love with me for years; I'd had NO clue. (And I'd actually had a big crush on HIM at one point, too.)

My gripe of the day: My children. They are 2 and almost 4. Both boys. 'Nuff said.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #43 of 5,627
my teddy bear lamp bulb died. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #45 of 5,627

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry :frowning2: It is it possible she really had no clue? I remember one night, my senior year of college, going to the bar and running into a guy I'd known since I was a freshman. He (very drunkenly) confessed he'd been in love with me for years; I'd had NO clue. (And I'd actually had a big crush on HIM at one point, too.)

Oh she is well aware of my feelings, but refuses to give me any real form of closure by the use of denial, reflection, and confusion (on her side). If she were only to give me a genuine explanation as to her behavior, then perhaps this story could've ended long ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back