Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Mar 23, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #1,786 of 2,161
I've been going back and forth between whether to stick with Amazon Music HD or go with Qobuz, and I am leaning quite a bit towards Qobuz, as long as most of what's in my library can also be found on Qobuz. Any thoughts on whether the extra money is worth it for the Sublime plan? I have had good experiences with the Qobuz store and the downloads are good quality, but my only hesitation is that I occasionally run into licensing restrictions in the US compared to Europe (e.g. a lot of S.O.S. Band's content isn't available in the US but is on the UK store).
Sublime is worth it if you plan on buying and growing your local library. It's a good deal to get hi-res for cheaper than redbook. If you are not averaging 1 purchase a month, I think the highest streaming tier would be what I would choose, and save the money as I didn't need the store discounts. I believe that is the only dif between the tiers now.

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #1,787 of 2,161
I can't really speak to the region issue, but for me, Sublime has been worth it. I've easily saved over the price of the plan on my purchases this year. I prefer to listen to my local library as well. Using Roon I've been able to navigate to some great new music, and I use the iPhone app for music while I'm driving. Qobuz has been a solid win for me.

Mar 23, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #1,790 of 2,161
For me it's just a habit dating back to buying vinyl. I just want to have it. Some may argue there is a difference in sound quality, though I'm not going to weigh in on that. Things get removed from time to time as well, so what they have listed today may change at some point due to licensing issues. Either way I just wanna have it, hahaha.

mine-it-is.jpeg

Mar 25, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #1,792 of 2,161
Wow, you can download music on Qobuz? I didn’t know that. Cool. Tidal doesn’t really have that option.
Qobuz has a download store that doesn't even require a subscription: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop
If you do have a subscription, you can purchase downloads through the music player, and the Sublime tier subscription comes with substantial discounts on hi-res purchases. This is typical (with Sublime, hi-res can cost less than CD quality!)

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 6.50.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #1,793 of 2,161
Qobuz has a download store that doesn't even require a subscription: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/shop
If you do have a subscription, you can purchase downloads through the music player, and the Sublime tier subscription comes with substantial discounts on hi-res purchases. This is typical (with Sublime, hi-res can cost less than CD quality!)

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 6.50.15 PM.png
Think he mean offline

Mar 26, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #1,795 of 2,161
It wasn't clear. Tidal does have offline for Android/iOS but not Mac/PC. Qobuz has offline (they call it "import") for both mobile and computer.
Actually they do call it offline.
BE8DB2B3-81C0-428D-88D9-70C7E6FEC27F.jpeg

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #1,796 of 2,161
Actually they do call it offline.
The original comment was "Wow, you can download music on Qobuz? I didn’t know that." I meant that if you wanted to download for offline, you would choose the "import" function, which is unintuitive and confusing. Maybe Qobuz wanted to reserve the word "download" for purchases.

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 2.05.50 PM.png

Screenshot_20220326-135812_Qobuz.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #1,797 of 2,161
What’s the benefit of buying vs streaming?
I used to buy albums, both in CD and download format, until I crunched the numbers and saw that I was spending more than twice as much per year as the Qobuz subscription, so I subscribed and haven't bought any more music since.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #1,798 of 2,161
Wow, you can download music on Qobuz? I didn’t know that. Cool. Tidal doesn’t really have that option.
Tidal doesn't have a download option on Windows - Amazon Music does, but Tidal does have Download/Offline option on Android... IDK about iOS

I've also used "Import" on Qobuz, but I'm only subscribed to Tidal right now, I was spending too much on streaming services -- and I needed the $'s for "Tubes". :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #1,799 of 2,161
There are also tools which let you download all streamable music from Qobuz in every available quality, as long as you have any subscription.
Except some multi-artist or compilation albums, which are only available for buying.
So basically you can exploit the whole subscription thing or even the trial period.

Before someone ask, i have an yearly subscription and bought albums!

Mar 29, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #1,800 of 2,161
le sigh, anyone having issues with Qobuz through UAPP today?
The song cue's are not populating on the majority (not all) albums so you can't play anything. No updates were performed. I can play songs in my tracks favorites. It's just the albums. Qobuz desktop and android apps work fine. No connectivity problems in UAPP other than this lack of songs populating. :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back