Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Oct 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,636 of 2,150
Has anyone else experienced issues with ChromeCast using the Windows app? It works fine with the Android app and the web player, but for some reason the Windows app doesn't recognize all my ChromeCast devices, and when I do cast from the app, it breaks up the audio and gets "stuck" (stops working) on occasion.

Oct 25, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,637 of 2,150
More information about my problem: reinstalled Qobuz Studio for Windows (64 bits). Reproduction never starts if ASIO or WASAPI exclusive devices selected. However, Qobuz Web Player works flawlessly (but 16/44.1 resolution thru Windows mixer, of course).
I've just opened a service ticket with Qobuz customer service.

Seems to me that this application is not compatible with the Fiio DAC driver.
problem solved!
I took the following steps:
1/ Uniinstall Qobuz app
2/ Windows > Configuration > Output sound devices

Panel de sonido.png

3/ Over Fiio Q Series device, right click, Properties, Advanced, Allow exclusive access
4/ Qobuz, Account, Parameters, Ouput device: WASAPI Exclusive Mode (my device)

So, two conclusions: Qobuz doesn't like Fiio's ASIO implementatipn and uninstall and reinstall the Qobuz app helps.

Hope this could be helpful to other people.

Oct 30, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,638 of 2,150
Something that puzzles me. How do I know if the windows app is up to date? Does it update automatically? Mine is at version 6.0.3-b025 but I don't find in Qobuz.com which is the current version.

Oct 30, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,639 of 2,150
Something that puzzles me. How do I know if the windows app is up to date? Does it update automatically? Mine is at version 6.0.3-b025 but I don't find in Qobuz.com which is the current version.

Yes, when an update is available, you will get a banner toward the top of the Qobuz app window stating such. It is a bit frustrating that the service doesn't have a release history or what's new section for the apps on their website somewhere.

FYI: 6.0.3-b025 is the version I'm showing as well, and it was updated to that version within the last couple of weeks.

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #1,640 of 2,150
Yes, when an update is available, you will get a banner toward the top of the Qobuz app window stating such. It is a bit frustrating that the service doesn't have a release history or what's new section for the apps on their website somewhere.

FYI: 6.0.3-b025 is the version I'm showing as well, and it was updated to that version within the last couple of weeks.
Thanks for your answer. So nothing to worry about keeping it up tu date.

Nov 3, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,641 of 2,150
It is a bit frustrating that the service doesn't have a release history or what's new section for the apps on their website somewhere.

I think all we get is a changelog for the most recent releases, but at least we have that.

This is a screen shot of the desktop app in Settings > About > Versions / Version History / "Read":

changelog6.0.jpg

Nov 3, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #1,642 of 2,150
After two weeks running the service in two windows computers, I would say that I love the content, I don't love the container! The Windows version of Qobuz Studio takes a lot of CPU out of a 5 years laptop (15-30% just for playing, while Foobar 2000 playing Hires files just close to 0), sometimes the reproduction gets our of the way (digital distortion) so I need to stop and relaunch the application, and the UI is not very responsive (I think is a sort of web container, quite inneficient). In my main PC, a 2021 DELL XPS, it only takes 2-3% of CPU out of an i5 but, as it happens with the laptop. sometimes (once every 5 listening hours, more or less) the sound gets distorted and I have to relaunch the app.

Will I pay for the service after the trial period is over? Yes. Should Qobuz improve its Windows software performance and stability? Definitely yes

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #1,643 of 2,150
After two weeks running the service in two windows computers, I would say that I love the content, I don't love the container! The Windows version of Qobuz Studio takes a lot of CPU out of a 5 years laptop (15-30% just for playing, while Foobar 2000 playing Hires files just close to 0), sometimes the reproduction gets our of the way (digital distortion) so I need to stop and relaunch the application, and the UI is not very responsive (I think is a sort of web container, quite inneficient). In my main PC, a 2021 DELL XPS, it only takes 2-3% of CPU out of an i5 but, as it happens with the laptop. sometimes (once every 5 listening hours, more or less) the sound gets distorted and I have to relaunch the app.

Will I pay for the service after the trial period is over? Yes. Should Qobuz improve its Windows software performance and stability? Definitely yes

If you don't mind paying for software as a service (monthly or yearly), I would recommend Audirvana Studio. The UI is improving with each new version and the sound (to me) is much better than the Qobuz Windows app, and it allows you to also integrate both Qobuz and Tidal if you subscribe to both services. Also, if you need DLNA connectivity to other streaming devices, it might be a better fit over the Qobuz app. If you need multi-zone / multi-device support, then Roon might be a good fit, and it's interface and features is pretty great.

You have options. :)

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #1,644 of 2,150
The Windows version of Qobuz Studio takes a lot of CPU out of a 5 years laptop (15-30% just for playing, while Foobar 2000 playing Hires files just close to 0)
This won't be any consolation, but the Qobuz Windows app was actually much worse a few years ago. It would run over 50% CPU on my old laptop if anything was in the play queue. even if the playing is stopped or paused!

Nov 3, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #1,645 of 2,150
If you don't mind paying for software as a service (monthly or yearly), I would recommend Audirvana Studio. The UI is improving with each new version and the sound (to me) is much better than the Qobuz Windows app, and it allows you to also integrate both Qobuz and Tidal if you subscribe to both services. Also, if you need DLNA connectivity to other streaming devices, it might be a better fit over the Qobuz app. If you need multi-zone / multi-device support, then Roon might be a good fit, and it's interface and features is pretty great.

You have options. :)
Thanks for the info! I don't find SQ being worse than playing local files, but, as you say, is good to have options.

Nov 3, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #1,646 of 2,150
This won't be any consolation, but the Qobuz Windows app was actually much worse a few years ago. It would run over 50% CPU on my old laptop if anything was in the play queue. even if the playing is stopped or paused!
At least they are going in the right direction.

Nov 5, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #1,648 of 2,150
good to have options.

If you want more options, I mostly listen to Qobuz using LMS/Squeezebox around the house and USB Audio Player Pro on my Android phone. But to match the Qobuz apps' rich full content, Audirvana and/or Roon may be worth their prices.

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #1,649 of 2,150
If you want more options, I mostly listen to Qobuz using LMS/Squeezebox around the house and USB Audio Player Pro on my Android phone. But to match the Qobuz apps' rich full content, Audirvana and/or Roon may be worth their prices.
Pity that Audirvana is a subscription service (Roon is overkill for me). I would consider it if it were a one-time fee application at a reasonable price. Anyway, many thanks for your advice!

Nov 5, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #1,650 of 2,150
Pity that Audirvana is a subscription service (Roon is overkill for me). I would consider it if it were a one-time fee application at a reasonable price. Anyway, many thanks for your advice!
Audirvana was just a perpetual licensed software last time i checked. I guess they have this Studio subscription thing now and I thought through spam mails it was another company just trolling me, lol. They added a character to the "a" name so its now Audirvāna. Gross.

edit: just adding that I have no idea the sonic quality of the new release, just tired of everything going subscription, and adding unnecessary character flair like umlauts personally bothers mè.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back