Qobuz latest Beta Desktop App
Jan 11, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #18 of 23
Well yeah but if you cancel, it sounds like you can't keep them after all. To me that's a BIG problem. lol And what if they go out of business? Sorry start again? NO.....THANKS! lol

I think that comment about how saving is based on things like Spotify. From my understanding, Spotify lets you download music with a subscription but you are not buying the muse. With Qobuz, they have that separate store where you can buy music like at 7digital.

Per this page: https://help.qobuz.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001669211-What-is-a-paid-download-

You do not need a subscription to pay for downloads. You can treat qobuz like 7digital or other sites where you can buy albums.

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #19 of 23
I think that comment about how saving is based on things like Spotify. From my understanding, Spotify lets you download music with a subscription but you are not buying the muse. With Qobuz, they have that separate store where you can buy music like at 7digital.

Per this page: https://help.qobuz.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001669211-What-is-a-paid-download-

You do not need a subscription to pay for downloads. You can treat qobuz like 7digital or other sites where you can buy albums.

Yeah exactly. I would just go to their download store, which I think is FINALLY gonna be open to U.S. customers this year? Or is it only their streaming service?

TBH, I pretty much just buy all my CD-Quality (CDQ) and Hi-Res music off iTunes Store now. They charge so much less and plus their music comes already downsampled (NOT downgraded lol) to AAC, which is what I do to all my downloaded CDQ & Hi-Res music anyway. So with them I don't have to do that anymore which is nice. I spent so much money on HDTracks, Acoustic Sounds, 7digital, etc when I didn't have to. But if iTunes Store ever closes down, I guess I'm screwed, I mean, back to those other sites. lol

Note: Anything on iTunes Store marked "Mastered for iTunes" IS Hi-Res. The ones that aren't are simply CDQ, which is still great. I have a thread that I started that was dedicated to figuring that out. I even spoke to a supervisor AT iTunes Store and he confirmed everything as well. :L3000: (See post #29 for tl;dr, and def read #2 closely lol)

Thanks judson!

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #20 of 23
Yeah exactly. I would just go to their download store, which I think is FINALLY gonna be open to U.S. customers this year? Or is it only their streaming service?

TBH, I pretty much just buy all my CD-Quality (CDQ) and Hi-Res music off iTunes Store now. They charge so much less and plus their music comes already downsampled (NOT downgraded lol) to AAC, which is what I do to all my downloaded CDQ & Hi-Res music anyway. So with them I don't have to do that anymore which is nice. I spent so much money on HDTracks, Acoustic Sounds, 7digital, etc when I didn't have to. But if iTunes Store ever closes down, I guess I'm screwed, I mean, back to those other sites. lol

Note: Anything on iTunes Store marked "Mastered for iTunes" IS Hi-Res. The ones that aren't are simply CDQ, which is still great. I have a thread that I started that was dedicated to figuring that out. I even spoke to a supervisor AT iTunes Store and he confirmed everything as well. :L3000: (See post #29 for tl;dr, and def read #2 closely lol)

Thanks judson!

You can look at their store right now. Given that they have prices listed in $ as opposed to Euros or Pounds makes me think that they will have it open for the US as well as their streaming services. However, for either you need an account and with the closed beta, that is not possible. (at least, when I try to make an account, it says they are still in a closed beta). I look forward to either the open beta or the grand opening of their services. I am not sure I will be getting a subscription but it will be nice to have another source for CDQ or better digital music.

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #21 of 23
Well yeah but if you cancel, it sounds like you can't keep them after all. To me that's a BIG problem. lol And what if they go out of business? Sorry start again? NO.....THANKS! lol

Expecting Qobuz to let you keep access to offline files after you end your subscription is not reasonable, no one does that. You would find people signing up for a month, downloading all the music they want then cancelling the subscription. If you pay 299 euros yearly for a Qobuz Sublime+ subscription you do get 30 to 60% off downloads from the Qobuz store you then own outright and keep even if you cancel your subscription.

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #22 of 23
Expecting Qobuz to let you keep access to offline files after you end your subscription is not reasonable, no one does that. You would find people signing up for a month, downloading all the music they want then cancelling the subscription. If you pay 299 euros yearly for a Qobuz Sublime+ subscription you do get 30 to 60% off downloads from the Qobuz store you then own outright and keep even if you cancel your subscription.

I see I misinterpreted the initial question. I am in agreement with you. Store bought downloads you can keep. Locally saved files that are through the streaming service but not the store, no, you cannot keep those without a subscription.

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #23 of 23
I see I misinterpreted the initial question. I am in agreement with you. Store bought downloads you can keep. Locally saved files that are through the streaming service but not the store, no, you cannot keep those without a subscription.

Yeah exactly.

And I agree exdmd that it's unreasonable, but either way, it is for me too. lol

I only do streaming in certain cases, NONE of which involve serious listening lol..........1) When I'm doing random chores like putting away laundry when I don't wanna wear headphones and just listen from phone speakers 2) In the car (wired setup) via car speakers 3) When I'm previewing an album I might wanna buy. So usually Spotify for that. I currently do have a subscription with them too, though I prob don't use it as much as I should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back