QLS QA361 impression thread
Jan 13, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #286 of 325
I noticed that in wav version 1.0.6 when I play files at a quality of 192khz / 24 the player gets stuck and fails to play them properly but slowly like a very stuck disc,
Also in the normal version (not wav) when I play files that are rip from cd there is the same problem
Has anyone encountered this?
what can we do?
I have never encountered this, but there is a very helpful FAQ from QLS forum (in Chinese only, so GG translate is your friend): http://www.qls-hifi.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardid=2&Id=7557
At section V, question 3, it may answer your question

Jan 13, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #287 of 325
I noticed that in wav version 1.0.6 when I play files at a quality of 192khz / 24 the player gets stuck and fails to play them properly but slowly like a very stuck disc,
Also in the normal version (not wav) when I play files that are rip from cd there is the same problem
Has anyone encountered this?
what can we do?
Hi gadus, I agree with Forever8895.
Just tested it with some free tracks from
http://www.2l.no/hires/
I converted with foobar2000 to wav, deleting all tags by default to keep pure audio information only.
I have no problems with song Blågutten in wav 192KHz/24bit.
I use the fastest TF card from sandisk (extreme pro) in 256GB version. QLS told me it should be no problem to play stable up to 400GB with sandisk extreme pro. Reading speed is extremely important for that.

Attachments

• D60D6C7D-DA09-4107-B1A8-222E89102112.jpeg
    D60D6C7D-DA09-4107-B1A8-222E89102112.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 19, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #288 of 325
Exactly. Wav-only firmware means, that it does only support wav files. It’s up to you, but IMO that firmware is the best choice for superb listening experience. Please check all the reviews out there, before you wonder 3 years after release of QA361 about this. I choose foobar to convert all my tracks before I transfer them.

Could you please elaborate how you did this? If I understand correctly you have you original files on the hard disk and choose tracks to be copied to a SD card, but being converted on their way there to wav? Thats exactly what im looking for my Shozy Alien DAP, downsample anything above 24/96 on the fly on their way to the SD card

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #289 of 325
Could you please elaborate how you did this? If I understand correctly you have you original files on the hard disk and choose tracks to be copied to a SD card, but being converted on their way there to wav? Thats exactly what im looking for my Shozy Alien DAP, downsample anything above 24/96 on the fly on their way to the SD card
Sorry, maybe there was a little misunderstanding. I convert my flac files locally on my PC in a „wav“ folder and after that I copy the wav files to SD card. Meanwhile I’m working on a MacBook Air (M1). It’s very fast und due to limit of now 400GB on my SD card (recommendation from QLS) it’s no big deal to wait a few minutes before I can copy tracks to card. But I think there should be a way never, never tried. On Mac I use XLD for file conversion. You can choose an output folder for converted files. I think this output folder also could be directly on the mounted SD card. Maybe I try this for faster workflow 😉

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #290 of 325
Hello everybody,
I'm gonna buy QLS-HiFi QA 360 model but can't find the thread about that at head-fi.
Is it allowed to discuss this model here?

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #292 of 325
Helly everybody!

I have decided to get a QA361. I really like the idea of a dap with one main goal, to put every penny on sound quality. I’ve been looking for a dap with no WiFi or Bluetooth. The main goal was to have a transport to Mojo2. And I suppose 361 will work excellent to that task to. The only thing I miss is optical out. I have heard that Mojo sounds best with optical in.

I first looked at ibasso dx120 when someone pointed at 361. But 361 will probably be better on its own until a get a Mojo2. And maybe 361 sound so good that I settle with that.

I have put a lot of money on Audeze LCD-i4. But am kind of disappointed at the sound signature of i4 direct out of Chord Hugo2 without eq. i4 seems to be a bit strange tuned. That’s why I want to go the Mojo2 way.

The best to you all, and thanks for all good reading on this thread that have helped me a lot in my decision.

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #293 of 325
Helly everybody!

I have decided to get a QA361. I really like the idea of a dap with one main goal, to put every penny on sound quality. I’ve been looking for a dap with no WiFi or Bluetooth. The main goal was to have a transport to Mojo2. And I suppose 361 will work excellent to that task to. The only thing I miss is optical out. I have heard that Mojo sounds best with optical in.

I first looked at ibasso dx120 when someone pointed at 361. But 361 will probably be better on its own until a get a Mojo2. And maybe 361 sound so good that I settle with that.

I have put a lot of money on Audeze LCD-i4. But am kind of disappointed at the sound signature of i4 direct out of Chord Hugo2 without eq. i4 seems to be a bit strange tuned. That’s why I want to go the Mojo2 way.

The best to you all, and thanks for all good reading on this thread that have helped me a lot in my decision.
I've been using the QA361 as a transport to my desktop DAC for some time and it works very well, but I recently bought a xDuoo X10T II, which is a pure transport and works just as well, while offering much more flexibility in terms of digital outputs (USB, AES, optical & coax S/PDIF).

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #294 of 325
I've been using the QA361 as a transport to my desktop DAC for some time and it works very well, but I recently bought a xDuoo X10T II, which is a pure transport and works just as well, while offering much more flexibility in terms of digital outputs (USB, AES, optical & coax S/PDIF).
I found xDuoo X10T II today on internet. I really like that transport. And maybe it’s a better choice as transport.

Mar 10, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #296 of 325
Mar 20, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #297 of 325
I’m really enjoying QA361. It’s a wonderful player. It’s really almost everything I wished for. I’m not going to compare it with Hugo2+2go combination that I 4 times more expensive an much bigger and heavier. Since I got the QA361 I haven’t used Hugo2 combination, so I have no data for the difference in sound. I’m now reaching for QA361 because off the Convenience compared to Hugo2.

I think that the constructors are very brave to release a player with sound quality in focus, not all these for me unnecessary features. I’m truly grateful to you for making this player.

Is there any news about new firmware for WAV only?

Mar 20, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #298 of 325
I’m really enjoying QA361. It’s a wonderful player. It’s really almost everything I wished for. I’m not going to compare it with Hugo2+2go combination that I 4 times more expensive an much bigger and heavier. Since I got the QA361 I haven’t used Hugo2 combination, so I have no data for the difference in sound. I’m now reaching for QA361 because off the Convenience compared to Hugo2.

I think that the constructors are very brave to release a player with sound quality in focus, not all these for me unnecessary features. I’m truly grateful to you for making this player.

Congrats to your new Player.
I think the latest version is still wav 1.0.6 which I attached in this thread (#274).
For me it was an clear improvement in sound quality. Much less jitter. Cleaner and more realistic soundstage. You can try it on your own. As I wrote in my amazon. de review, Clark told me that the QLS team do their best to clean up the code and make it more efficient. I think it’s the biggest impact on sound quality. Less jitter.

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #300 of 325

The wav only firmware is fully matured and they have not found a reason to release an update. There are two versions for you to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back