QKZ VK4 - Impressions & Discussions
Mar 17, 2020 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

brianforever

100+ Head-Fier
Is it just me ?..

but it seems that I'm using this driver more than my BL03s these days...
Any Impressions from others , just sounds smoother all round and clearer mids, Please advice head-fiers who own this, Im looking forward to your kind comments'and thoughts on this babies :)
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200317202618975_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 11
If folks don't know yet, don't trust sellers on AliEx who show OG VK4 photos or say "genuine," "original," "authentic." There have been cases of purchases for the og but received the new crap version VK4 instead. The QKZ VK4 legendary status can be officially buried.

As an alternative, I've been pointing people who's searching for og VK4 in the direction of CCA CRA, they graph pretty similarly and price tag ain't far apart:

graph (1).png

graph (2).png

I think Vortex said in a discord channel that they still sound a bit different, but I’d take the shot and go with CRA if I didn’t have the VK4 already.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #3 of 11
If folks don't know yet, don't trust sellers on AliEx who show OG VK4 photos or say "genuine," "original," "authentic." There have been cases of purchases for the og but received the new crap version VK4 instead. The QKZ VK4 legendary status can be officially buried.

As an alternative, I've been pointing people who's searching for og VK4 in the direction of CCA CRA, they graph pretty similarly and price tag ain't far apart:

graph (1).png

graph (2).png

I think Vortex said in a discord channel that they still sound a bit different, but I’d take the shot and go with CRA if I didn’t have the VK4 already.
Dont know about fake VK4, been getting quite a few without any variables, didn't realise there are fakes , even for the VK4 , while, thats why I never buy from Ali anymore

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 11
I got a VK4 on Aliexpress last year during Lockdown and was blown away by the performance for the price. Need to dig my unit and listen to it to change flavours hehehe.

Sad to know there are fakes now...

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 11
Dont know about fake VK4, been getting quite a few without any variables, didn't realise there are fakes , even for the VK4 , while, thats why I never buy from Ali anymore
It's not a fake, it's the official update by QKZ... Also, it's not just Ali, if you go to Amazon and check the page, you'll find the difference. QKZ officially updated the tuning of the VK4 and their current "official" version is measured and sounded like crap. Check the squigs of some of our reviewers.

This is how the OG VK4 looks like (2-pin, flushed sockets):
1641384288387.png

This is how the "Next-Gen" version looks like (QDC):
1641384750268.png

Here's Crin's measurements:
graph - 2022-01-02T020243.460.png

However, I checked the QKZ official store on AliEx for the VK4 just now and noticed that they've completely scraped the VK4. Same on Amazon UK, no Amazon promoted version (the updated version) anymore.

Can this be a sign that a saving grace is in the making?

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 11
It's not a fake, it's the official update by QKZ... Also, it's not just Ali, if you go to Amazon and check the page, you'll find the difference. QKZ officially updated the tuning of the VK4 and their current "official" version is measured and sounded like crap. Check the squigs of some of our reviewers.

This is how the OG VK4 looks like (2-pin, flushed sockets):

This is how the "Next-Gen" version looks like (QDC):

Here's Crin's measurements:

However, I checked the QKZ official store on AliEx for the VK4 just now and noticed that they've completely scraped the VK4. Same on Amazon UK, no Amazon promoted version (the updated version) anymore.

Can this be a sign that a saving grace is in the making?

Wow they really managed to mess it up. Hope a fix is coming.

Also, QDC connectors? Why 😱

Jan 5, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #7 of 11
Also, QDC connectors? Why 😱
Probably wanted to conform to the KZ line of design... Although I'm not totally sure if QKZ and KZ are related.
QKZ recently released a QKZ-ZAX2 that completely copies the shell of KZ ZEX
1641387655445.png

Jan 5, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #8 of 11
Probably wanted to conform to the KZ line of design... Although I'm not totally sure if QKZ and KZ are related.
QKZ recently released a QKZ-ZAX2 that completely copies the shell of KZ ZEX
1641387655445.png

Oh I see. Seems to be just a single DD though. Might be a generic shell, but yeah there's likely links between the two companies.

I just get lost in all the three letter names. They all look and sound so similar!

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #10 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back