Qjays and Comply foam tips
Jun 30, 2011 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tan1415

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

A few months ago I was lucky enough to be sent a comply test set. In matter of fact i got two of them. 1 set for the Qjays and 1 set for my M2s.
I was considering buying these...and was quite hesitant because its quite expensive and I was not sure which size would fit me.

I was quite excited when i received the set and started trying it out with my Qjays. What i noticed was that it was an extremely tight fit. It was so tight I was afraid of breaking of cracking the headset. This to me is a real negative. I guess its because these foamies are meant for different models and has a generic fit. To bad the Qjays are very specific headsets. When i tried to put it on the M2s the fit was much better.(To keep it clear I got two diferent sets that are meant for the specific headsets)

I started with the negative point first, because it was almost a dealbreaker for me. But after i sorted out the fit and started listening...the sound from my Qjays simply blew me away and far exceeded my expectations. The foams seems to add a whole new (sub)level. The sound is so good ...I have basically stopped using my M2s. Before I tend to switch between the M2s and Qjays depending on the music
On my trip I used the Qjays only and it was perfect.It retained the highs and mids of the qjays I like so much, but it added a nice bass to the sound. The difference is so huge and it truly makes the Qjays a better all round headset.

I am still a noob in headphones world. I dont understand how Comply has achieved this. Is it the better isolation? The foam they use? Also i think Jays should strongly consider using the Complys foamies and hopefully get them to fit better. Jays delivered so many different tips with the Qjays...but none of them achieved the same sound as with the complys. And the Foamies delivered with the Jays is not a good fit and also is not that good qualitywise. Unlike the Complys it feels and looks worn out whiles its used in less time. And quality over quanity is always the better choice. The complys on the other hand are much durable than expected.Even after my trip they still look like new.

I havent listened to the M2s alot...but the impact of the comply tx 400  is not as signicant as with the Qjays. I have no problems using my regular Hybrids. COuld be that the complys has bigger effect enhancing the bass/lowend of the sound and the M2s has a good lowend by itself...so you dont notice the effect of the complys that much.

So whats my conclusion. I love the T100 foamies. The sound improvement is so great...almost a must buy if you have Qjays. Why almost. The fit...is so tight. I am afraid that iw ill damage  or break the headset. I trust Comply that this will not happen. But i can understand if you don't want to risk it. I  think complys are great buys if you want to enhance the bass of your headsets.
I was lucky to get the sets.so that i can try them out. But its quite hard decision if you buy a starter kit and only can use 1 or 2 of them.
I think these foamies are a great buy if you are a casual listener or switch bewteen headphones a lot. You get maximum quality in sound and you can spread its usability over a longer period. if you are an intensive listener..i can understand that they would be pretty steep investment because you would have to replace them eventually.

Anyway thanks for comply for giving me a set to test out. You got me hooked on them. lets hope my Qjays doesnt break...that wont be forgiveble. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back