Qingpu Q1 and Sennheiser HD555's?
Sep 29, 2009 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Menasor

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm pretty new around here and have just started researching headphone amps. I'm looking for a desktop one mostly at the moment. Looking for one that's as lowly priced as possible that will drive my Sennheiser HD555 with full sound (nice bass and mids) to reasonable levels.

I've already purchased the Fiio E5 for portable use. At first I was going to use it for desktop purposes as well, but it looks like it may not be enough (it's on pre-order so I might not get it for a while). Wanted to get your guys' opinion on this.

How would the Q1 compare to the output of the X-Fi Xtremegamer built in amp? And how would the Fiio E5 fit in regards to output between the Q1 and X-Fi? Is the Q1 sufficient? Thanks in advance!

PS - Sorry meant Qinpu Q1 in the title!

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Skylab reviewed the Q2 some time back and was very impressed with it.
biggrin.gif
It worked especially well with low impedance headphones. The HD555 have an impedance of 50ohms I think, so they would potentially work well with the Q2. With the Q1, well that's another matter, but perhaps they're designed with low impedance cans in mind.

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey Godkin, thanks for the reply. I had seen the nice reviews of the Q2 and it does look very enticing... Unfortunately it's a bit over budget (trying to stay at $60 or under).

If anyone could chime in on the Q1 that would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back