Qian 99 In-Ear Hifi Earphones Review (after 5 months)
Dec 29, 2016 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

steste

New Head-Fier
Company Background:
Qian is an extremely small company, they only have four products all together, the Qian 25, Qian 39, Qian 79 and Qian 99.
They don't even have a website and rely on Baidu forums to promote.
In total they've only sold over  2000 units.

Sounds pathetic right? Well the thing is they've got a pretty solid fanbase in the forums, and the CEO is a previous IEM reviewer on Baidu. Maybe due to the low sales their existence and reputation has almost became a "legend." (just like back when xiaomi piston 2 became an overrated legend on head-fi).

For some reason it says my account doesn't have enough permissions to upload a photo. I will use ones online.

Technlogy (translated from official description) bunch of jargon:
Diaphram Air Guidence Balancing: Using virtual manmade ear canal environment and total area of the front canal they analysed the direct sound waves and reflected sound waves effects of the change of air pressure. After synchronal adjustment of the rear unit balance rate and total air passing amount, banlanced the front and back air pressure of the earphone. So that when the diaphram is vibrating can quickly go back to original position. This promises bass to go deeper, preserving the amount and at the same time not stuffy and less reverbration.

Magnetic Aggregation Technology: According to the strength distribution and the sole magnetivity of neodymium iron boron, with the coil's intermittent magnetic field's electromagnetic transduction energy level as variable. Enhances effective electromagnetic field utilisation, increasing response sensitivity as a whole. Making both mobile phones and high output devices suitable.

What?
That was my reaction after reading the description. It can either be true or false.  It provoked my curiosity. Priced at the same price as a Xiaomi piston I should definetely give them a go.

Packaging:
Photo of box here
The packaging of this feels extremely cheap and unsuitable for retail. It comes in a metal box with a pressed logo. Inside the box is four sets of plugs with one of them being a memory foam one. But it feels sticky, cheap and can be used as an earwax cleaner. It also comes with a back ear cable holder which I found to be a highly unsuitable and inconvenient way to wear it since it falls out easy and the sound is not good when the plug is not fully inserted. (more on that later). 
All placed in cheap ziplock bags.

Comfort:
Very common design. Straight, metal and cylinder. 2cm total length.

Cable:
Photo of cable here 
The cable is a premium thick copper cable with them stating can withstand 40kg of stretch.
No MIC.

Sound Quality:
Sorry if all that hype builds to nothing, cuz there's really no surprises with this IEM.
The trebel feels lacking, the clarity is definetely decent i reckon with the help of the cable.
When out of the box it feels like the most neutral thing ever, almost convinced there's no V shape. It's funny because I'm bit of a base head but after 100 hours of burning (90 hours of Burn-IN CD and 10 hours of progressive house) surprisingly heavy base started to kick in. Remember at the beginning all the base notes sounds like pen taps. Base slightly sounds from back of your head.

But definetely can be used for a long time.
Very decent clarity, fast and responsive bass (has depth but small amount), slightly lacking in treble, field is very small. Slightly piercing highs.

Comparisons:
sounds like earpods with less field more clarity. Feels like it has less 31HZ than the earpods but more 62 HZ.

Sounds like a Xiaomi Piston 2 with less field, more clarity.

This is defientely classified as not recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back