QED Bi-wire questions
Oct 6, 2003 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 6
People click your post thinking there'll be a question, some info, or something, and there's nothing... THANKS A LOT!!
mad.gif

actually, this might be salvageable
wink.gif

from the totem FAQ:
Quote:

Single Wiring is definitely a very good way to proceed as long as the four terminals are there. The user has the choice of connecting just the lower two terminals and through this obtain a certain “tone”. Reconnecting the wire to the upper two terminals gives the user more high frequency emphasis. Connecting the red positive at the bottom and the black at the top (diagonally opposite) or vice versa will give you two more “tone” options.

In conclusion the customer/ dealer has four possibilities with a high quality single wire. We recommend the diagonal connection when using the single wire to create a greater balance.

Anyone played with that? Is it the same for all speakers?

Oct 7, 2003 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by GirgleMirt
Anyone played with that? Is it the same for all speakers?

I biwire now, but when I first got them, I did, in fact, experiment with connecting them on the top, on the bottom, and the two diagonal configurations. I ended up liking them both on top the best, but that doesn't really make sense to me. Isn't electricity lightspeed?

Oct 7, 2003 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I biwire now, but when I first got them, I did, in fact, experiment with connecting them on the top, on the bottom, and the two diagonal configurations. I ended up liking them both on top the best, but that doesn't really make sense to me. Isn't electricity lightspeed?

I would assume the connectors that bridge the two pairs might change the sound just like different speaker wire would. Just my guess. I connected mine to the bottom and has been too lazy ever since to try the top.

Oct 7, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by GirgleMirt
People click your post thinking there'll be a question, some info, or something, and there's nothing... THANKS A LOT!!
mad.gif

My bad...

Like I said, I couldn't find how to edit the subject line and the "delete" function wouldn't let me delete the thread...

I did have a couple of questions, but they were answered on another website...

Oct 7, 2003 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 6
lol, i'm not really mad Kirium
tongue.gif

Also I have had the speakers for about two weeks and thought they were kinda dark (more than at the shop). I thought it was because the room they're in now is pretty much empty and there's a lot of echo, I thought that was what was creating the 'warmth', that and the fact that the speakers aren't near burned it too (15 hours of 100-150 hours required burnin..).

The 2 wires were connected to the bottom connectors though, so I connectected them diagonnaly, and indeed it seemed to make a difference. (for the better, better highs)

If I wasnt so lazy I'd probably try the other positions to see how they sound
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back